Biker, Happy Joan of Arc Day!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Yes you lucky chap Biker, it's Bannockburn Commemoration Day on 22nd of June.
So after a longest day of partying you can revel in playing with axes pretending your there. It's much friendlier these days, you English chaps would be more likely to get a dram
pished.gif
rather than chibbed - unless you stray into the Rapploch!
bat.gif

See the benefits of sheltering Scottish blood.

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Oi ! I have worked in the Rapploch.....I taught the kids to make fire :D, and you cannae blame them for getting irked, I've worked at the Castle too when they fired off a 21 gun salute for HM the Q's birthday, and those guns blast mucky black powder, smoke and charred gunk right over the graveyard to the Rapploch.

I've also worked on the film for the NTS for the Bannockburn centre too though.....don't mention it to Russ, he's in the film but it was the most miserable weekend's work for him.

atb,
M

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Oi ! I have worked in the Rapploch.....I taught the kids to make fire :D, and you cannae blame them for getting irked, I've worked at the Castle too when they fired off a 21 gun salute for HM the Q's birthday, and those guns blast mucky black powder, smoke and charred gunk right over the graveyard to the Rapploch.

I've also worked on the film for the NTS for the Bannockburn centre too though.....don't mention it to Russ, he's in the film but it was the most miserable weekend's work for him.

atb,
M

Sorry, admit the Rapploch has improved beyond recognition these days (was just looking for a place with a rep nearby that they may of heard of down south).

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Shall we call a halt to it then?

There, I knew it! After just a few days he's planning on calling it a day and putting me in a home! That's the problem with the youth of today, No stickability! :cussing:

Seriously though if you want to do this for the helluvit, why not edit this thread title and each time there's a specific day to commemorate you post to it accordingly? Just a thought. But it does make me laugh when I read your postings like this Son.

Sorry to read about your motor dying on you. Hope it gets sorted soon. All the best mate.

A

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
There, I knew it! After just a few days he's planning on calling it a day and putting me in a home! That's the problem with the youth of today, No stickability! :cussing:

Seriously though if you want to do this for the helluvit, why not edit this thread title and each time there's a specific day to commemorate you post to it accordingly? Just a thought. But it does make me laugh when I read your postings like this Son.

Sorry to read about your motor dying on you. Hope it gets sorted soon. All the best mate.

A

Hi Bush-Dad,

The editing the thread title sounds a good Idea - partly 'cause I won't hack of the mods creating 365 new threads a year :)naughty:), but having had a look I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the title. May be a full member only thing? Not sure if anyone knows that can help.

Your bannock eating bushy-son.

Biker

Hi Bush-Dad,

The editing the thread title sounds a good Idea - partly 'cause I won't hack of the mods creating 365 new threads a year :)naughty:), but having had a look I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the title. May be a full member only thing? Not sure if anyone knows that can help.

Your bannock eating bushy-son.

Got to the first posting of the thread and then click "edit post" then click "Go Advanced". Hopefully you can start editing all the fields.

You're right about alienating the mods... not to mention every full member and visitor coming here to BCUK. Pretty soon your post count would read 4000 and then you'd have to run a comp... and let me win it too :deal:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Got to the first posting of the thread and then click "edit post" then click "Go Advanced". Hopefully you can start editing all the fields.

You're right about alienating the mods... not to mention every full member and visitor coming here to BCUK. Pretty soon your post count would read 4000 and then you'd have to run a comp... and let me win it too :deal:

See you're not just a pretty face, that looks like it'll work...Mwahahahahahahah!

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
See you're not just a pretty face, that looks like it'll work...Mwahahahahahahah!

Don't you just hate it when your dad tells you how to do stuff though? For god's sake don't start talking about music or anything like that. You know how embarrassing all that gets with the old folks.

:D

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Don't you just hate it when your dad tells you how to do stuff though? For god's sake don't start talking about music or anything like that. You know how embarrassing all that gets with the old folks.

:D

Well he's had a long time to figure stuff out and yeah he probably likes stuff from the 50's and dances funny too...:lmao:

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Yes you lucky chap Biker, it's Bannockburn Commemoration Day on 22nd of June.
So after a longest day of partying you can revel in playing with axes pretending your there. It's much friendlier these days, you English chaps would be more likely to get a dram
pished.gif
rather than chibbed - unless you stray into the Rapploch!
bat.gif

See the benefits of sheltering Scottish blood.

As an Englishman I'm so relived that you Scottish chaps are OK nowadays.
Just one thing though, just to assess the exact amount I should have been worried otherwise, remind me who got control later on?

Now, where's that innocent whistling smilie when I need him?

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
As an Englishman I'm so relived that you Scottish chaps are OK nowadays.
Just one thing though, just to assess the exact amount I should have been worried otherwise, remind me who got control later on?

Now, where's that innocent whistling smilie when I need him?

Oh are you talking about King James VI and I in 1603? < I can find mine...

To be honest Demographic I'm for the Union, and think devolution is a waste of precious money and resources. But We're not getting into politics on the boards. Plus it was just a wee celebration for Biker as he likes a party.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE