Big Forest Find at Sense Valley, Ibstock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dannyk64

Apr 1, 2015
Nottingham
Hi

just wanted to spread the word a bit about an event we are having at Sense Valley, Ibstock (a site that will be doubling in size come planting season) this Saturday 10am-3pm.

It's called the Big Forest Find and it's FREE to anyone who wants to come along, we're not looking to sign anyone up to anything or anything like that.

It's basically a nature identification day with several 'ID' stations set up. Focusing on wildflowers, pond dipping and insects but more than welcome to wander off work on your tree, bird ID etc. We will have various bits of kit for you to use.

We also have a range of people with a wide selection of knowledge so a good oppertunity to ask questions or brush up on your own ID skills.

It's open to all ages and abilities. Families welcome.

We will be recording any finds using the Inaturalist app which is a cracking free app.

The results become part of a citizen science project but will also influence forest management plans so would be great to get as many people there as possible.

Here's a link with all the info:
https://www.forestryengland.uk/sence-valley/the-big-forest-find-sence-valley

Like I say its a good oppertunity to meet the local Forestry England team and help us improve how we are managing the site.

I know BCUK has a wealth of knowledge so be great to see a few of you there!

Hope it's OK posting this mods, apologies if it's not allowed

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MrEd

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE