Berghaus 90+20 Crusader MMPS Rucksack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I'am after meself a new big winter pack, hopefully modular. Anyone got one, used one, handle one? How do they compare to a Vulcan?

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
I got my Vulcan 2 from the OutdoorHut on Amazon not cheap but cheaper then I had seen on here and eBay and brand new have no connection with any of the above but I will say the price fluctuated on Amazon so I just kept an eye on it and got it for a Damm good price.. Hope this helps. I've no experience of the crusader but the vulcan is a Damm good bag..

Sent from somewhere?

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Got a Crusader with the rocket pockets from Endicotts, ex Dutch Army and the only way you could tell it was pre-owned was the few pine needles hiding in there. The yoke came with it to convert the side pouches into a day pack. I only found out they had them when I rang to enquire on sizing for a Vulcan, still not seen them on their website. I've never handled a Vulcan so can't comment on those.
I like the Crusader a lot, though the furthest I've carried packed out was a tryout 5 km walk along the seafront before I hurt my back doing a job for my mum, so not had chance to do more with it as yet.
First impressions are that it is a robust, roomy pack with two zippered compartments in the top lid (one outer one inside), incidentally the top lid is removable and makes a serviceable pillow when packed with wet weather gear etc. The main pack has a drawstring closure snow guard dubrey whatsit at the top and a draw string closer to the lower part of the pack which can be accessed by the lower zip. it has a camelback pouch and exits for the straw on both sides. A modest amount of molle strips on both parts and shoulder straps so it doesn't look too tactical but remains useful. Shoulder straps and hipbelt nicely padded and comfy. Pouches are pouches and all the zippers are YKK.
Hope that is of use to you.:)

Rob.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I have both.

The Crusader 90/20 is based around a Multi Mission Pack Sytem so the side pouches fit the Berghaus 30/20 and the 45/20

It is a larger bag than the Vulcan and has a floating lid and larger bottom zip to cram more kit in.

Build quality is excellent and I hope it lasts as long as my first Vulcan that I retired after 26 years service.

BerghausCollection_zpse0ca4d85.jpg

HTH

Last edited:

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
I just put the camera battery on charge to get a photo of mine...but I cannot compete with the one above :lmao:
Nice one MartinK9, that's an impressive line up.:)

Rob.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Thanks for reply to my post and giving me your opinions chaps I really appreciate it. There expensive pieces of kit and I have to make sure I make the right choice for me. I fancied something a bit bigger than my 70 litre and a bit more modern and modular too. Thanks agains gentlemen :)

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Another of similar size to look out for is the Lowe-Alpine Saracen. http://www.wildaboutbritain.co.uk/reviews/showproduct.php/product/630 . Side-pockets have an integral harness to use either singly or zipped together for a day bag, and build quality is exceptional. Got mine off a Royal Marine, who swear by them! Lots of Molle straps to customise if desired, and probably the most flexible of all the big military bags. Other feature I really like is the adjustable back, so no problems getting a perfect fit whatever size you are.

Video review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dInNyNWgzbk

Last edited:

Ivanhoe

Forager
Aug 28, 2011
Sweden
Hey MartinK9! :)

How about you write a propper thread about your packs and
describe them to us in detail? Which is what and so on...

I'm sure many of us would find it very interesting.

You also should tell us about where your sacks have been and
what they've done! And what you think of them!

I know you'd find it fun to write! :rolleyes:

Oct 30, 2012
Eseex
Another of similar size to look out for is the Lowe-Alpine Saracen. http://www.wildaboutbritain.co.uk/reviews/showproduct.php/product/630 . Side-pockets have an integral harness to use either singly or zipped together for a day bag, and build quality is exceptional. Got mine off a Royal Marine, who swear by them! Lots of Molle straps to customise if desired, and probably the most flexible of all the big military bags. Other feature I really like is the adjustable back, so no problems getting a perfect fit whatever size you are.

Video review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dInNyNWgzbk

I'd second the call for the Saracen. I've got the Sting as as summer pack and the Saracen as a winter pack. Its immense, built like a tank, well featured and extremely comfortable on the back. You can pick them up reasonably cheaply from surplus stores. The side pockets interchange between both bags, so I can leave these packed and swap them as needed.

A friend of mine has the Berghaus Crusader MMPS and Centurio. They're both great bags, but I still prefer the dutch ones. And i picked up both of mine for less than he paid for one of his....

BLAG

Tenderfoot
Jul 6, 2014
sherwood forest
I have both.

The Crusader 90/20 is based around a Multi Mission Pack Sytem so the side pouches fit the Berghaus 30/20 and the 45/20

It is a larger bag than the Vulcan and has a floating lid and larger bottom zip to cram more kit in.

Build quality is excellent and I hope it lasts as long as my first Vulcan that I retired after 26 years service.

BerghausCollection_zpse0ca4d85.jpg

HTH

A great display, I'm more interested in what there all full with

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE