Beard Facts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
beard-etiquette_zpsdd5cce27.jpg

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I thought they only tripled handsomeness. Learn something new every day.
Just gutted my missus wont have any of me growing mine. Which is a shame as the daily scrape is nasty especially with skin that takes offence to a wind direction never mind a razor.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
HWMBLT has had a beard the entire time I've known him; I don't think I'd recognise him without it :D

Son1 has long hair (longer than mine!) and I reckon if he grew a beard he'd look like cousin IT, except it'd probably come in red and black mixed :D
Son2 shaves because he grows a really cool Sheriff of Nottingham/Vetinari type one :) which he really dislikes.

M

Goatee beard is permitted.
as are beastie sideburns.
but if i grow the middle bits to connect goatee and sideburns and i get grumbled at.

I tried winter is coming as a reason to keep it going but got told its only april.
come September I shall commence growing it out for winter plumage/ free insulation

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
The last time I took mine off was for RAF Aircrew Selection at Biggin Hill when I was 16 - I kept the 'tashe though!
My wife (now a bus pass holder) has never seen my chin.
I am scared to even think of what my chin looks like under the hair - though by feel I can tell that it still has a Kirk Douglas Dimple!
Shaving is a waste of time, effort, money (all those products you need to slap on/scrape off!), world resources (steel, oil for plastics etc, palm oil for soaps .. the list goes on!
Beards are eco friendly and also allow you 15 mins more time in bed of a morning!sticker375x360_u1_zps6912b964.jpg

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I know herself seriously objects if I cut the face fur back too far, which since it mainly conceals my face is a bit disheartening. To annoy her during the kids summer holidays I have the middle section cut out and sport the bushiest pair of friendly mutton chops I can grow, the sort that's crying out for a pith helmet and a Martini-Henry.

Grew it when I was 18 or just 19 and not had bare cheeks since.

atb

Tom

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I know herself seriously objects if I cut the face fur back too far, which since it mainly conceals my face is a bit disheartening.

Tom

BB Cuts mine for me (you can't trim a long beard yourself I find). She finds that "Edward VII" is a working minimum for length

Albert_Edward_Edward_VII_1901.jpg

Currently its rather more Duck Dynasty than English Dynasty!

duck-dynasty-jase-hunting-hat2.png

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
I currently serve with Armed Forces (SAS)
(Saturdays And Sundays that is :lmao:)
(The TA :D)
So I can usually only grow a couple of weeks worth of beard at a time :(
I've got a couple of months worth at the moment though and I'm not looking forward to shaving it off.

Last edited by a moderator:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE