Bear Grylls

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
:yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm

I watched 5 minutes and decided he was a WALT. It's nice to see my judgement is still fairly sound.

:yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
The latest suggestion that Channel 4 may have breached viewer trust comes as the broad-caster’s supervisory board prepares to issue new editorial guidelines to suppliers in order to stamp out alleged sharp practices that mislead viewers.

“Born Survivor is not an observational documentary series but a ‘how to’ guide to basic survival techniques in extreme environments,” the spokeswoman said.

No actually is fakery and trickery - things that he doesn't do himself because they are too dangerous combined with plain foolish advice.

Not just a Walt but a dangerous irresponsible Walt

Red

oops56

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 14, 2005
proctor vt.
It all boils down to money. i dont care if he stays in a hotel but at lest dont lie. He should say this how you do it or not to not so many days to get out. If this is the case every body can get out in 5 days right so lets us all get lost.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
No actually is fakery and trickery - things that he doesn't do himself because they are too dangerous combined with plain foolish advice.

Red

Couldnt agree more. The whole thing was blatantly coreographed from day one, with the sole intention of making him look good and gathering ratings from those who cant see past the smoke and mirrors.

“If you really believe everything happens the way it is shown on TV, you are being a little bit naive,” he said.

From the horses mouth.

I've posted this before, but this relavation justifies a reapeat...

snakeoil.jpg

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
What an edgit!!! The walt just doesn't get it does he!!!

Who in their right mind would go to some where as beautiful as hawaii have at least the option of sleeping in the natural environment and then kip in a hotel. EEErrrghh!!!!

Waking up on a hawaiin beach to toast done on an open fire much better:approve:

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London

Red

I fully agree Red, that statement is what winds me up about the show the most.

A 'how-to guide' Gimme a break, It's Jackass nonsense.

Sickboy

Nomad
Sep 12, 2005
London
I'm no fan of Harry Hill but that was funny, there's a little pointer as to how fixed these shot's are, small step's cut into the ice in exactly the right place to pull himself out, very handy:eek: What a chump:22:

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Not wishing to jump* on the runaway bandwagon so to speak, but I wonder how those
t-shirts are coming along?

I like that Bear fellow - he's delightfully nuts.

*I mean 'carefully winch myself onto it after conducting a proper risk assessment'
obviously.

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
“If you really believe everything happens the way it is shown on TV, you are being a little bit naive,” he said.

From the horses mouth.

I've posted this before, but this relavation justifies a reapeat...

Couldn't help but agree when I read this in the paper, as well. It's no suprise he faked the stunts - you'd be crazy to actually do them or follow his guide - but staying in hotels; tsk tsk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE