BASE CAMP SIMS

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
Looking for some advice on base camp SIMS, good quality, durable, about 5cms thick, decent width and length? Not for backpacking...……..
Any thoughts?
Currently thinking along two Thermarest options, their BaseCamp XL or Prolite?????

kmac

Tenderfoot
May 13, 2009
London
Bit late Laurence - I use the Thermarest Base Camp and they are super comfy. For even more luxury, there is the Thermarest Luxury Camp
Alpkit do similar mats for less money but I think the quality of Thermarest is worth the extra.

Reactions: Laurence Milton

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
Bit late Laurence - I use the Thermarest Base Camp and they are super comfy. For even more luxury, there is the Thermarest Luxury Camp
Alpkit do similar mats for less money but I think the quality of Thermarest is worth the extra.
Yup :) the Multimats have arrived...…. but thank you...……..

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
As soon as they've been used in anger...…...certainly. ( hopefully in the next 2 weeks)

As an unboxing...…..they (the 50XXL)are Multimats "premium " base camp sim, and as such contain within their 5 cms, thickness, temp isolation barriers in the foam which they rate to some high degree, and they inflate quickly and well with 2 valves.
Very HD material, not slippy and wider and longer than many, if not most. They can be velcro'd together to make a double.
Comes complete with a repair kit and the bag has a fleecy lining so it can be reversed ad stuffed to make a pillow......
Obviously Multimat have a variety of SIMs for different requirments.

https://www.outdoorgear.co.uk/Multimat-Comfort-50XXL-sku52118201.asp

Last edited:

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
Have now used them, and am perfectly pleased. They self inflate very well, are a good size, and we slept very well on them.
They can Velcro together to form a double if reqd. Very happy customer..………..I used them in a GC Major/ext, fly, on a little canoe trip...…….

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE