Badger damage?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Havent really been out in the back garden much, but recently in the late evenings both dogs have been tearing out there and making a racket, but that’s not unusual because next doors cat likes to tease them by sitting on the fence and flicking V signs. :D

So, went out to check our Calor tank level and saw what looks like badger damage. The photos aren’t great, but there are digs and scratches all over the part of the garden where the Japanese Maple has shed its leaves. I suppose there must be worms taking leaves down and other insects amongst the leaves. It’s strange though, we’re fully fenced. In one corner, a rough area with bramble and weeds, I did put my foot down a good sized hole, but it didn’t look anything like a sett.

162858-C1-00-C3-4157-BB2-F-046135-FC98-AF.jpg

D1-B12-B66-446-F-4-F68-AA5-B-25-AC38-B6234-C.jpg

90-FB711-C-FCC4-4-D01-9-ED0-80-A5-CEDCCE72.jpg

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
You'll have to keep watch and find out what is doing this. It could be foxes. They are quite agile and can get onto shed roofs and get over quite big fences. They are partial to a few worms too.

Reactions: MrEd and Nice65

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I think it might be a fox too. I didn’t latch the gate securely the other night and something large leapt up and over, kicking it hard shut as it did so. I was hanging out of the window with a torch in seconds and heard but didn’t see something crashing through the beds up against the fence. A badger doesn’t leap like that.

Reactions: Toddy

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
As a component of nature, badgers and foxes can do no damage.
Humans don't and won't live in harmony with them.

Yeah, the deer do more damage(?) to all of my flower beds and shrubs than you can imagine.
I don't care. Just don't track the deer scat into the house, OK?
I can keep them out of the grapes or I'd have woody nubs sticking out of the ground.
I'd eath them if it were convenient and very quiet.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE