1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, We're having our annual Winter Moot and we'd love you to come. PLEASE LOOK HERE to secure your place and get more information.
    For forum threads CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'How do I?' started by Hardworms, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Hardworms

Hardworms Member

Could anyone tell me, step by step, how to set an avatar please?

2. Matt Weir

Matt Weir Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)

Hi Hardworms,

If you click on 'User CP' then click 'Edit Avatar' you get the option to choose a 'Pre-defined Generic Avatar' or a 'Custom Avatar'.

The pre defined is simple enough. If you have your own custom avatar simply browse to where it is stored on your computer then click on upload.

Hope that helps.

Edit - Please be aware of the maximum size of picture you select for an avatar. On BCUK the rules state 'The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 58.6 KB (whichever is smaller).'

3. JonnyP

JonnyP Full Member

You can use any photo you have on your computer as your avatar, but you need to resize it too 100x100 pix, as Matt says. This is easy to do with the microsoft resizing tool, which you can download from here http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx This is assuming you are using windows xp. Once downloaded you then need to right click on the photo you want to use and choose resize picture, then choose advanced and type in 100x 100 in the box. You will have your photo copied to that size. Then just follow Matts instructions above to get it as your avatar.....
    Hope this helps......

4. Outdoorsman

Outdoorsman Member

In my User CP on the avatar page it says 'The maximum size of your custom image is 80 by 80 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).' I assume this is this because I'm not a full member??? It's annoying because if I try to make an avatar I have to set the the size to about 55X55 pixles and the image quality so low that I cant even tell what the picture is anymore.

5. Gailainne

Gailainne Full Member

I'm a full member, mine is 80x80 and about 4k, I dont think its too bad.

Stephen

6. giancarlo

giancarlo Full Member

Same here:
    Outdoorsman, I PM'd you my email address yesterday, send me the image and I'll sort one out for you :)

Cheers
    Carlo