Autumn bushmoot questions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Greenbeard

Tenderfoot
Jan 15, 2018
North yorkshire
Hi there, I've got my holiday cleared with work and booked a ticket for the Autumn bushmoot, well excited! Now down to packing. Ive never been to a bushmoot so I've got a few questions regarding the guidelines. Do you need to bring your own wood for your fires? And do they need to be in a firebox? I've got some nice hardwood billets that are about 5' long. Also do you unload your vehicle in the car park on the map, or can you drop kit of at your pitch then park up? This will determine if I bring my Dutch oven haha. Thanks a lot for organising this by the way, didn't get to go to the summer moot due to work commitments. Any road, looking forward to this trip!

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Usually you can forage for wood or there's some provided.

You can park up, wheelbarrows for use. Fires can be open, but you'll burn less if you use a box.

Best to check in first, but if you're late, find a pitch and check in next day.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hey Greenbeard, it'll be good to have you.
You should be able to get anything you need to your camp via car or wheelbarrow which we'll provide. Getting your dutch oven in will be fine!
We'll have some wood there but If you can bring some then do, I always take wood for my first few days just to be on the safe side. As long as people are considerate we can have fires on the ground.

This is a new event, we've not done an Autumn Moot before so it will evolve over time, for this year we're planning a relaxed event, nothing scheduled or planned, just that craft theme for anyone that wants to take the opportunity to practice stuff.

any other questions ask away!

Greenbeard

Tenderfoot
Jan 15, 2018
North yorkshire
Hi, Thanks for the replies. That sounds Great! I'll bring some wood with me then, I was thinking about bringing a smoker I've made and was wanting to try out a small hangi pit so didn't want to be cheeky with using up site wood ect. See you there :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yeah, bring the smoker! and we can try a little hangi, it's hard work in the sandy ground though, the heat leaches away fast, we could do a small one though rather than the ones we used do at the Summer Moot which were huge!

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
Hi all, I'm no going to come down as it's a) too far
And b) went in and out of hospital yesterday and got myself a new hip and will be out of action for a couple of months.
So I'm having to ask a favour of anyone going with a camera. Since it's a crafty theme, I'd be interested in others like my self who have picked up carving wood spirits? Shoot as many of carvings and carvers and email them to me? Pretty please? Email, WhatsApp or whatever else? Many thanks in advance guys!!!!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
ha ha, I was hoping there would be someone there that can show me how to carve one, maybe I'll take a book and work form that if there's no one about...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE