Austrian army combat boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mowmow

Forager
Jul 6, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Some really nice surplus boots going around at the moment all over the internet for a good price with most sizes readily available.
Supergrade/grade 1 boots
Welted commando soles.
2mm cowhide leather
Smooth leather lining around inside of toe box but it's an unlined boot.
Bellowed tongue most of the way up the boot

Two pairs for 56quid from surplus and outdoors. (Free postage)
And they chucked in a free canvas drawstrong bag which now serves in my bushcraft bag.

They look very similar to dr.martens but the leather quality is much better and the soles seem a lot tougher. (They dont make docs like they used to!)

For the price of a pair of them i could have gotten 5 pairs of these boots so i bought two pairs, one for getting mucky camping and the nicer pair for day to day use.

One pair came obviously worn but in very good nick all in all, just need a bit of tlc with my boot treatment.(made in 2003)

The other pair seemed almost brand new other than a slightly dirty sole (made in 2011). They look brand spankers after a grease up and are very comfy, put some miles on them the last few days n they have been taking it very well.

Ill further update you in a few months but loving them so far and for such (IMO) a bargain, cant go wrong, got boots for town and country, look very nice with my rolled up jeans.

Pics are of the newer ones.
db3824b62e22545be725c3bf0318faad.jpg
3a93f63766259b2c177fe8b5247d2073.jpg
4ebd1280f24e1643ab79b00b16615e3f.jpg
47267e9ac89db2834e281e2f9725af82.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Clayze

Clayze

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2018
West Sussex
They look just the job! Don't get me started on the quality of Dr Martens though,a shadow of the original product. Solovair are by far the superior bovver boot. If I could justifying splashing out on a pair of Hawkins Astronaut I'd be likely to spend far too much time indoors with a tin of oxblood polish.

Mowmow

Forager
Jul 6, 2016
Nottinghamshire
They look just the job! Don't get me started on the quality of Dr Martens though,a shadow of the original product. Solovair are by far the superior bovver boot. If I could justifying splashing out on a pair of Hawkins Astronaut I'd be likely to spend far too much time indoors with a tin of oxblood polish.
I'd love some solovairs myself but can't justify the silly money! Especially when I never know what i'm up to day to day, soon get messed up, i'd be scared to wear them.
Got some oxbloods myself but they are about at the end of their life only after two years with good maintenance (read polished very regularly, every few days/weeks depending on how much wear n tear they went through and general appearance.)

Also on a different note i thought about unstitching the top half of the boot where the speed lacing is and turning one pair into ankle boots as they could be easily converted.
Although i'm liking the high boots at the moment, its a nice change for me.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE