At your own risk!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hi guys and girls - it has been mentioned a few times that we need a place to mention what we're doing, invite people along and express ideas of what you would like to do to see if anyone else is interested. So, here it is and I think it's a great move and I'm sure it will get well used.

This is a section though that you should only use if you are happy about involving other people in your plans and adventures. We all seem like great people but he bottom line is that most of us are complete strangers, that is why I say make sure you're happy to go down the route of inviting people along or involving yourself in get togethers.

I know that some great and long lasting friendships are going to come out of this and I wish us all every success in meeting people that feel the same about the great outdoors. At some time we will make this more sophisticated with a calendar etc and you will all be able to see what is going on.

For those of you that do get together, have a fabulous time :biggthump

PS. I have made this section only visible to logged on members, hopefully that will help to avoid gate-crashing etc

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
With the new forum we have a calendar :) Those of you that have or are organising get togethers should feel free to use it to put up information as events. For now we will filter all new events through moderation, in other words we will approve each one. Let us know the Date and rough area (more information can be found within the relevant threads) Some of you have developed names for your groups, that would also be worth including.

This should work well to give an easily visible idea of what's going on around the country...and beyond!

Another idea for those groups that are becoming more established is to have a spokesman/woman that can talk to us about what's going on in your area.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated, if you think that there is something we can do to help you guys get together then let us know.

All the best
T

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Hi all!

Just a friendly reminder ...

With more and more meet ups planned all the time I think that it's a good time for everyone to familiarize themselves with this thread - the upshot of which is that while we at BCUK think that it's a great idea that people to meet up, we don't endorse or take responsibility for any meetup other than out own official meetups. This means that everyone should take the necessary care, leave word of where they are going and ultimately be responsible for themselves.

Have fun!

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
Hi all!

Just a friendly reminder ...

With more and more meet ups planned all the time I think that it's a good time for everyone to familiarize themselves with this thread - the upshot of which is that while we at BCUK think that it's a great idea that people to meet up, we don't endorse or take responsibility for any meetup other than out own official meetups. This means that everyone should take the necessary care, leave word of where they are going and ultimately be responsible for themselves.

Have fun!

Not being funny with you fellas but if this is the case, why do you feel that you have to approve each meet. I gotta be honest with you and say your making me feel a bit like a schoolboy. No offence intended,

Gray

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
With the new forum we have a calendar :) Those of you that have or are organising get togethers should feel free to use it to put up information as events. For now we will filter all new events through moderation, in other words we will approve each one. Let us know the Date and rough area (more information can be found within the relevant threads) Some of you have developed names for your groups, that would also be worth including.

This should work well to give an easily visible idea of what's going on around the country...and beyond!

Another idea for those groups that are becoming more established is to have a spokesman/woman that can talk to us about what's going on in your area.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated, if you think that there is something we can do to help you guys get together then let us know.

All the best
T

Nick, Tony quite clearly states that each meet will be filtered through moderation, in other words approved by BCUK

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Hi Gray,

I think that Tony was talking about giving us the ability to post Meets onto the events calendar. Others would then be able to see when events were happening and link to the various threads. The original postings were made just over 4 years ago and we can now make entries onto the events calendar without asking for permission/approval.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
It looks like the original messages are over 4 years old and things have moved on a lot since then.

When I recently organised a meet (and I've got another one going at the moment) I didn't run it past any moderator, I just posted it up in the appropriate section and people put their names down.

Not moderator has contacted me about the meets. Sorry, that's not true, one moderator did with 'I'd like to come as well' or words to that effect

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Hi Gray,

I think that Tony was talking about giving us the ability to post Meets onto the events calendar. Others would then be able to see when events were happening and link to the various threads. The original postings were made just over 4 years ago and we can now make entries onto the events calendar without asking for permission/approval.

Thanks for making that clear. As a new member of this forum I wasnt aware of the change as the info hasnt been made available on this thread. Thanks again.

Gray

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Yep, things moved on. :D

Mostly 'cos we forgot that posting meets onto the calendar was supposed to run through a Mod, and until that happened no one could post onto it and it didn't get used.
Eventually the admin details were remembered and it was decided it was too much fuss, and so organisers just post the dates on for themselves now.

Yes/ No ?

The forum's been going for several years now Gray, some things change as a better way is decided upon. It's worth while checking the dates on some of the posts before responding, we all get caught out at times :eek: and we don't always remember to write changes onto every thread that's been started on a topic, in the past.

cheers,
Toddy

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Thanks Toddy, still finding my way around here and must admit I never noticed the dates on the thread, had me a bit worried though as I've got a meet planned myself. Bare with me fellas, I'll get the gist of this soon.
Best Regards
Gray

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
...... As a new member of this forum I wasnt aware of the change ......

Before your time - but not actually that long ago. The change happened when the Meets section was regionalised in April/May of this year.
If you want to have a look at the whole (but short) discussion go to the Full Members forum and on page two is a thread titled 'Meet up threads' started by Tony who was asking for input from Full Member prior to making changes to the sub-forum.

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Before your time - but not actually that long ago. The change happened when the Meets section was regionalised in April/May of this year.
If you want to have a look at the whole (but short) discussion go to the Full Members forum and on page two is a thread titled 'Meet up threads' started by Tony who was asking for input from Full Member prior to making changes to the sub-forum.

Thanks very much and apologies for any offence

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE