As i sit...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
kingfisher by Mark Emery, on Flickr

Sitting here on a bench up at the ponds, I find myself surrounded by all manner of wildlife, a small vole occasionally darts across the path in front me on it's never ending search for food, where are those anglers and their supply of sweetcorn kernels when you need one?

The wild flowers are out in profusion and masses of Bumble and Honey Bees can be seen feeding on the Vetch & Trefoil that lines the paths around the area where i sit, there are butterflies everywhere, Marbled Whites, Meadow Browns, Speckled Woods, Comma, the occasional Holly Blue and the marvellous Red Admiral, all flitting away in the sunshine and settling often on the flowers to drink their nectar.

A movement out the corner of my eye reveals a Nuthatch searching the Oak in front of me, up and down the trunk it goes in its search for insects, a Carp jumping in the pond and landing with a splash soon frightens the bird off, although it doesn't phase the Moorhen and her chicks who just carry on as normal, the sky is alive with birds, a Buzzard circles overhead, lower down Swallows swoop and glide effortlessly over the surface of the pond getting a drink, before a flap of the wings sends them gracefully back up high, a profusion of small birds such as Blue & Great Tits, Dunnock, Starlings and Chaffinch busy themselves darting backwards and forwards over the ponds and through the trees, a Chiffchaf makes it's unique call in the near distance.

The pond is alive with Carp cruising around and shoals of small fish can be seen just sub surface, meanwhile thousands of fry erupt as a Crow flies overhead casting it's shadow on the water, over on the far bank a couple of anglers busy themselves in the glorious sunshine catching Roach, Rudd, Skimmers & Crucians and the odd Carp which gives one of them the run around for a few minutes.

It's not just about the angling, it's about being there and experiencing nature at it's finest that makes so many happy memories.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Aye, sometimes i go up there to do some tree/maintenance work or even have a fish, sit on one of the memorial benches for what i think will be a few minutes and just sit and watch, before you know it, a couple of hours have passed.

Reactions: santaman2000

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE