Artificial Sinew - Group Buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
This stuff is brilliant. I've been using it lately for stitching shoes, bags, flasks and tankards. It's better IMHO than waxed linen thread as it doesn't rot and will outlast the leather, but it still looks and feels like authentic sinew.

I've just had six more rolls delivered from the U.S. However, I'll need all of these myself for all sorts of stuff (it's great for bowstrings too). The postage is crippling though and pushes the cost per unit way up. So I thought I'd gauge interest and see if anybody is interested in a group buy. If there is, I can maybe get a wholesale order together and bring the price right down. At a rough guess, I can probably get these somewhere in the region of £12 each (including Paypal fees and postage within the UK). Maybe a bit cheaper if the supplier can use a different courier than USPS.

OK, about the sinew. This stuff comes on a 300 yard roll. It's waxed and is designated as No70 which indicates it's thickness.
sinew1.jpg

It can be split down into eight thin strands (or even finer if you have the patience) so potentially you could have 2400 yards of fine sinew (ideal for dreamcatchers) or any variation depending on how much you split it down. For me, I'll mostly just split it in half so for each roll I'll end up with 600 yds of No35 sinew (ideal for shoes, flasks and tankards).
sinew2.jpg

This Group buy is now happening. See post 21 for the list.

Post below please if you think you'd be up for this.

(If anyone wants to put a link to this post over on BB or SOTP that'd be fine too.)

Eric

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE