Anyone seen / used these torches ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Not with that brand per se, but there's loads of similar tactical torches on the market now-a-days (very good ones at that) Both rechargeable ones and lithium battery one. I'd rather not trust the advertising hype without actually handling it first.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
There are quite literally dozens for sale, all much the same (and its three AAA's not AA's by the way.)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...Xultrafire.TRS0&_nkw=ultrafire+torch&_sacat=0

You've got to love a certain country's ability to "bullsxxt up" cheap tat with a bit of animation and some dramatic music. The drama of the advert alone will have hooked hundreds of thousands:rolleyes:

"Designed in the U.S.A!!" Aye but "made in their millions, in a sweatshop in China":cool:

I bought a set of two, with charger, batteries, mounting brackets and rear light for my sons bike and they light up the night very much like RAC Rally spot lights did back in the early 80's!

You need to be aware mind you, that there are in fact cheap Chinese copies of this cheap Chinese made torch.
[video=youtube;ko25nYDAJvg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko25nYDAJvg[/video]

Both mine are real according to the above (phew-lucky me!)

I now use one at work and have been doing so for at least 8 months. I have to work in some very dark nooks and crannies at times and the torch is truly excellent, not only for flood lighting but also for longer distance spotting (you get a square grid beam at full focus) out to about 100m. 50m range and you get about a 3m square. You can also use it for close in pointing with a square of around 6ins at 6-8ft . It's been dropped twice from apx 50ft onto a conctrete floor, run over by a golf cart (our site electrical technicians steed) and dropped from about 5-6 feet repeatedly and has never missed a beat.

You need a charger of course and some spare batteries are a good idea too.

You can buy a set in a plastic box, with torch, car charger, home charger, an adapter that takes 3x normal AAA's and two 18650 Li-ion batteries for around the £10 mark.

Frankly, they're awesome for the money
.goodjob

I'd heartily recommend these to anyone who doesn't need the reassurance of "bragging rights" but wants the same sort of performance as any of the "big brands" at a fraction of the cost.

Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE