Anyone ever made a Hot Tub?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
For some reason I have decided I need to build one of those funky looking cedar hot tubs.

As there are some crafty people on here and we have seen log cabbins and canoes I wondered if anyone has ever done it and or if anyone knows of any good places to get plans (the cheaper the better!)

Something like this one:

RusticTubs2.jpg

edispilff

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
between the trees
Those are cool:cool:

Out west, we can't always get electricity for those fabulous amenities.. so around 40 years ago, some cowboys developed whats called the "hillbilly hottub"

Basically it's a 1000 gallon stock watering tub (made from galvanized steel) about 12-16 foot diameter and about 2.5-3 feet deep. We prop it off of the ground a couple of feet or so using whatevers available (cinder blocks, stumps, etc)... The you light a fire underneath it and warn people not to sit in that area:lmao: it takes about 30 minutes to hour to warm up with an average size fire..
Suppose you could figure out a way to affix some fancy rough sawn bark slabs to the outside to make it look a little less hillbilly and hook up a solar water pump to keep the water flowing.

Also works good for:
- crab boils to feed 1000:D
- world record mulled wine vat:rolleyes:
- keeping the water unfrozen for the cows;)
- those with cannibalistic tendancies:p

Seriously, i've actually enjoyed company in one of these:)

edispilff

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
between the trees
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: HAHAAHAAA JAred.... that's too good.... friend of mine worked at a concrete plant... made the mistake of playing with water and quicklime... lost 3 of the fingers on his right hand.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE