anyone else in dundee or near by?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

capt.dunc

Forager
Oct 11, 2011
dundee
hi, there's a couple of us in dundee who meet up and are thinking of working our way through the bushclassusa lessons for something to do, anyone else fancy it or just meet to swap skills etc?
dunc.

capt.dunc

Forager
Oct 11, 2011
dundee
anywhere good near blair? i've got a spot near dunkeld, (very close to a car park) which i use for testing stuff out or after a canoe trip down from pitlochary, other than that nowhere special. often just spend an afternoon in some woods round town, looking for fungus or tree id and looking for stuff (just got some fat wood the other day from one where a large pine had come down in the recent winds). or i use my garden area to try stuff, bow drill etc. and last summer i knocked up a rough and ready forge and made my first knife. i'll get out the os maps for here to blair and see if anywhere leaps out.

pwb

Sounds good .
I'm up in Forfar and got the outings of Bushclass basic on the go . Really enjoying the classes.
I unfortunately work weekends :( but should be able to wangle the odd time off.
May have access too some woodland too, will make enquires ,if OK.

Pete.

capt.dunc

Forager
Oct 11, 2011
dundee
anyone fancy a walk next thursday, 8th of march? i'm thinking of taking a wander around loch of lowes area, near dunkeld. bit of a wander to see what plants and fungi are about, stop for a brew and a bit of whittling or something similar. meet up at noon at the car park, grid ref NO041 435.

capt.dunc

Forager
Oct 11, 2011
dundee
2 of us from dundee going unless it's thunder and lightning, if it's just rain then i'll chuck a tarp in. i've pm'd all of you that replied to this thread.

pwb

Had a really enjoyable bimble around a lovely part of Perthshire with Dunc, Dave and Charles .
I only took two pics though.....

DSC04383Small.jpg

Dave is pretty laid back, Dunc's a dab hand at the espresso and Charles the human Tipi :D

DSC04384Small.jpg

Looking down on the Loch of the Lowes.

Nice to meet up lads.

Cheers,

Pete.

capt.dunc

Forager
Oct 11, 2011
dundee
i'd be more of a dab hand at the coffee if i didn't boil my milk all over the stove. good to meet up, lets get some hot food on the go next time. dunc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE