Anyone cut a camo net and edged it again?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cwillson

Forager
Jul 14, 2007
Cotswolds
Hey peeps,

I've recently purchased a really good quality 8m x 8m camo net, that I want to cut down to smaller sizes. It's edged really nicely, with each join of the net almost looking like it's whipped onto the thicker cord around the outside.

Given its size, I havent got the time/patience/eyesight to whip each and every thread of net to a piece of paracord, so I wondered whether anyone might have any good tips for how to go about edging the sections I will cut please?

Thanks for reading, :)

Chris

Insel Affen

Settler
Aug 27, 2014
Tewkesbury, N Gloucestershire
Hi Chris, we have used cable ties to join cam nets in the past. Not brilliant, but works.

Just realised, I meant to add, if you edged the net with paracord, you can cable tie it to the net to sort it out.

Chris ��

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
When I cur a section of cam-net I first put strips of green "Tough Tape" (a matte Gaffa tape kind of stuff Gaffa being a bit shiny for what I wanted) onto the net each side of the cut line. After cutting I then rolled a second strip of tape around the actual cut edge. Any exposed sticky was then killed with sawdust to stop it sticking everything together in storage...
It proved a little stiffer than the original edges but that was fine for my needs.

I cannot find any photos and I sold it all on a while back - sorry.

birchwood

Nomad
Sep 6, 2011
Kent
I would probably use some herring - bone tape folded in half over the ends and run it through the sewing machine a couple of times.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE