Anybody know anything about this knife?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

joelinman

Apr 19, 2015
wombwell
My uncle gave me this knife he confiscated off his son about 22 years ago. Doesn't know anything about it even where his son got it from. May just be a cheap mass produced item.

Item is fairly sharp to say its been sat in a box for 20 odd years. Looks like its held together with tacks.
The button on the handle doesn't seem to do anything, no idea what its for...

IMAG0172_zpscxkjcrqf.jpg

IMAG0173_zps7yc1fzgt.jpg

IMAG0174_zpsebog1zsq.jpg

IMAG0175_zpsjynh4isp.jpg

Biro for size comparison... It says stainless steel Japan on the blade.

mickeyluv

Tenderfoot
Nov 2, 2010
derbyshire
They were pretty much a compulsory purchase on any school trip to france. ( usually confiscated by a teacher on the bus on the way home)

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Another ex owner of one of these here also, a very cheap, badly made, mass produced knife, and as said previously, there were plenty kicking about back in the day.

They are not actually illegal to own, even in full working order, provided that you owned/purchased or acquired one pre ban.

It is illegal to sell, trade or even gift one of these, and obviously they must not leave your house under any circumstances.

The spring is probably knackered because of non usage.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Just got mine out, but its a stiletto with no "switch". Mark I to had the comb, i'll have a look 7 see if I can find it.

Rob

feralpig

Forager
Aug 6, 2013
Mid Wales
I had the comb too. I used to pull it out in school lessons. I'd wait for the teacher to start squawking, before opening it. Sometimes, I'd try and make it look like I was hiding it, then kick up a fuss when they tried to confiscate it.
Obviously, it could only be done once per teacher, but with the turnover of staff at the school, it was pretty much a monthly episode of fun.
I'm sometimes surprised I've got to the age I have, without getting into more trouble......

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Brought one home from Barcelona in the early sixties along with a brandy that took away the power of speech, especially if you drank it from a leather flask poured directly into the throat as would normally be done with wine, hygiene see, your lips don't touch the spout.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE