Any knifemaker out there who makes blades from a custom drawing?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Survivalmike

Forager
Jan 25, 2010
Austria
Hi folks!

I´ve done a lot of research the last time and now I´m after a blade with my special specs!
Drawing of the blade is already finished:

here some OA specs (the details will be bespoke when all other is cleared):
blade: 90mm - nice finish on the blade
OA length: 190mm
thickness:between 4mm and 5mm (what ever is in stock)
steel: O1
hardeness: 60HRC
grind: FULL convex grind - up to the spine in one go and down to zero on the edge (like the Bark River Knives)

If there is any maker out there which is able to do this please let me know to get in contact for all details and price!
I will send the drawing via post so that the outlines of the blade is no problem!

I will try to make myself a handle and sheath .....only need the blade! Hope there is anybody out there who can help me!

thx and all the best
Mike

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Stuart Mitchell is the only maker I have first hand experience of with that grind, but there are some great makers on here apart from him that can do a splendid job (FYGT and Rob Evans to name a couple). Here's mine...

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61402&highlight=new+knife+born

001-1.jpg

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
fgyt makes some fantastic stuff and his attention to detail is outstanding, i would recommend him, but driftwood walkers knifes, are pure things of beauty, there are many makers here and on bb, that make some outstanding knifes, and allot of them are very reasonable

Survivalmike

Forager
Jan 25, 2010
Austria
Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE