Any interest in a Cumbria Group?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I have noticed quite a few new members from Cumbria and North Lancs/South Scotland.
Does anyone fancy setting up a small group for Cumbria?
If yes please post here with your preferred night for a first meeting just to gauge the
interest.I don't see this as being a pub meet group but handy to use a hostelry for the
first meeting to introduce ourselves.
Please also post your nearest town so I can try and make sure that no-one has to do a hundred mile round trip
just to come for a beer and a social.
I am happy to try and co-ordinate this initial meeting but don't want to be an organiser or chair of any kind.
Cheers , Simon:camping:

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
From over the border in Lancashire, north of Lancaster. Would like to meet up but chances of getting a pass will be low for some time. If the group takes off I'd like to join in when possible. Work not an issue but new family is.

So there's a Dalton, NE and a north lancs interest. Whereabouts are you from plastic ninja?

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I'm in Kendal , so about the same distance from all of you I guess.
There are quite a few others I suspect will pop up now and again too.
I think we need a few more to make it worthwhile travelling far though.
Any takers?
Cheers , Simon

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I don't really know Cumbrian coastline. The southern coast I know a bit and the SW corner too (near Black Combe) but other than that I don't know the coast. I think it has cliffs a bit more north but south it is mostly shingle/pebble beaches I think and low lying leading to the beaches (also roads, trainlines and houses on the front too).

St Bees I think has cliffs nearby and further up you have some nice port towns. Also middle of the coast I think is Egremont. Never been and neverr want to if what m,ates say of it is true. Some western Cumbrians call it Excremont!!!!

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
If you want nice coastline I think you need to head over the SOlway and right round to Galway Head. The cliffs and coastline in the far Western parts of D&G in Scotland are quite nice.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
i am yorkshire but willing to travel to the lakes and have some bushie fun so keep me posted

Oh No! What have I done? :yikes:
But seriously , you will be very welcome Drew.
I dont know much of the coastline myself either as I'm in Kendal but I've heard tell of deserted beaches where the wild Sea Buckthorn grows in abundance.
I'd be up for a coastal recce some weekend in the summer.Also have a giant canoe on Windermere so a meet there would be fun too.There are still some open access bits left.
When we have a dozen or so names I'll check some dates for a pow wow.
Cheers , Simon

hi guys, sorry if this is a old post but i have recently moved to Cumbria (Ulverston) i am fairly new to bushcraft and the forums but would be very interested to meet some like minded people in the area

Cheers

John

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
I don't really know Cumbrian coastline. The southern coast I know a bit and the SW corner too (near Black Combe) but other than that I don't know the coast. I think it has cliffs a bit more north but south it is mostly shingle/pebble beaches I think and low lying leading to the beaches (also roads, trainlines and houses on the front too).

St Bees I think has cliffs nearby and further up you have some nice port towns. Also middle of the coast I think is Egremont. Never been and neverr want to if what m,ates say of it is true. Some western Cumbrians call it Excremont!!!!

Whitehaven "beach" isn't/wasn't much better a few years back!

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Millom park is a good place for bushy stuff. I go there when I'm visiting family,it's a quarry site. It's just outside millom.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE