Antler handles! a few recent creations - WIP Pic heavy!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
After buying a large box of antler bits from one of our own forumites I got to work making use of some of it!

Handles! good bits of antler make very attractive handles for all sorts of bits and bobs and I've done a few now so would like to show them to you all :)

First off a not so new creation but still in antler, a ceramic sharpening rod! (got the antler a while back and my photobucket spazed out on me and removed all of my rpeviosuly posted images!)

Works real good and the antler fits my hand perfectly!

A good chunk of antler for a handle on one of my ferro rods things, bit of brass for the but plate too..

I like this one, it was really really easy to fit together and then file down, deffinately something nearly anyone can do!

Now for the work-in-process part. I saw some of these on here a while ago and thought they were neat! Beard combs ;)

So, I found a source of the little comb things in the pet shop! :D they are for rabbits and other little furry pets and cost like £3.50 each. Being a tinkerer I new it would be perfect and I had my box of antler ready for the picking!

Plenty to choose from and I found a nicely sized piece and some spare brass in my work closet. I hacksawed the plastic handle off and got some aluminium pin to secure it ready.

Gona need a hole in that brass to fit the tang, few minutes with the hand drill and a small file and tada!

all epoxied, set and a ready for a trim and file!

I picked up a cordless dremel type tool from Lidl today so cheated and used that for the most part and hand filed the tiny last bits! ;)

I think it looks good and it has two grades of combage! hehe perfect for my 'stache too! :cool:

And lastly the knfie I made for my neighbour, a gift to get him to put a handle on his spoonblade! an insentive to get his butt into gear ;)

all the smaller bits together..

Had loads of fun doing them all and as always I tried to make something I can and will use so I'm pleased with it all!

Hope you like them too :)

cheers for looking dudes

Last edited:

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Nice work. Very satisfying, bending antler to your will. You've inspired me to go back to the shed again.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Nice work. Very satisfying, bending antler to your will. You've inspired me to go back to the shed again.

thank you :)

Nothing wrong with plastic, but it is nice to replace things to your own taste! antler and brass are two things I'm really starting to like!

ZEbbEDY

Nomad
Feb 9, 2011
Highlands
nice items man, ive got loads of antler I found up the hills and been looking at rotary tools on amazon for ages, argh gonna have to now

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
thanks for the kind words gents! :)

got plenty more antler and a scrap sgteel so I may knock up a few more bits this weekend! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE