Anti-glug spout

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
I got one from Halfords that fitted a mil-spec jerry can ... came complete with a rubber nozzle and little filter too. The filter is good but i feel that the rubber nozzle would dissapear into the tank the first time I used it!

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
When a Jerry Can is full hold it side ways to begin with. No glugs then. Careful though it pours very fast. :shock:
Hope this helps.

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Having a landy makes you an expert at using a jerry can ... espacially if it's a V8! :-D :-D

martin said:
When a Jerry Can is full hold it side ways to begin with. No glugs then. Careful though it pours very fast. :shock:
Hope this helps.

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
hmmm.....I will nip in to the local Halfords and look (although I used to work there and know the markups they offer) :wink:

Will try some of the other local motorfactors.

Tried holding it sideways, but not really ideal. Just want something nice and secure, and easy/quick to use for Mel, where I wont spill it all over the woods :-D

There was a 90 round here with a Hummer engine in. That would put the V8 to shame :)

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
What would that have been, 6 litre? :shock: I'd love to have seen that!!!! :-D Or drive it!! :eek:): :eek:): :eek:):

Rob said:
There was a 90 round here with a Hummer engine in. That would put the V8 to shame :)

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
I put a spout on my Jerry Can, it took forever to empty the can and leaked all over the place. Binned it, its easier without one.

george

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
N.W. Highlands (or in the shed!)
I altered the spout on a jerry can - jubilee clipped some fuel pipe on to it about an inch wide by five feet long.

Now to fill the pickup I fasten the spout on, stick the pipe in to the fuel filler, lift the jerry can on to the roof and leave it to get on with it.

No fuel spilled on me, no aching back from lifting full jerry cans, no fuel spilled down the side of the pickup, no hassle.

I got the jerry cans and spout from Anchor Supplies- www.anchorsupplies.com and the fuel hose from an industrial supplier in Inverness - HIS.

George

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
6L ... what's he get, 4 - 7 mpg? :shock: :shock:
Spares for that engine would be fun to find (and pay for :shock: !)

Rob said:
Hummer engine was a 6L. It was put into a 90, and was for sale last year for £6500. :biggthump

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
I'd love to know what mods were made to get that kinda engine in a 90 ...

Rob said:
Probably somewhere about that mpg. :lol:

Reckon it would kick butt at an off road day :cool:

EdS

The 6l diesel engine in the Hummer is the standard GMC engine they use in a variety of SUV/pick ups.

The can be put in to a Defender fairly easily - conversion plates for clutch, gear box are easily available. It recogmended to put an auto box (ZS 4 speed Ranger Rover OK) as the torque tends to through manual gear boxs all over the place.

MGP is suprisingly high, better than the Landy V8 petrol - mostly due to the fact that on the road the engine is running under very little strain.

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
EdS said:
The 6l diesel engine in the Hummer is the standard GMC engine they use in a variety of SUV/pick ups.

The can be put in to a Defender fairly easily - conversion plates for clutch, gear box are easily available. It recogmended to put an auto box (ZS 4 speed Ranger Rover OK) as the torque tends to through manual gear boxs all over the place.

MGP is suprisingly high, better than the Landy V8 petrol - mostly due to the fact that on the road the engine is running under very little strain.

My ambition is to fit a Perkins 6 cylinder 6 litre diesel into a Defender or Range Rover. I'd guess at around 35 mpg. I've read a few posts about being able to tow a boat, without noticing that it's there; really strong torque.

Manual gearbox, but pulling from such low revs, that (supposedly) once you've pulled away, you tend to just stick it in fourth or fifth, and drive like an auto... I'd love to try one, to see if it's true.

Keith.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE