annandale way. annan to lockerbie.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

beezer

Forager
Oct 13, 2014
lockerbie
hi folks

about two week ago i walk a section of the annandale way. it was very much a last minute decision on sunday night i thought it would be a good idea to do the walk as the monday was the best weather forecast for the week. so in the morning after dropping my daughter at nursery my good lady dropped my off at the mouth of the river annan. the start of the route had great vues but there was a lot of litter around which had probably blown up from the beach. soon i was into annan and out the other side i had already spent a lot of time taking photos so i decided to get on with walking so i could get home before dark. the route was well waymarked and only about 3 of the 20 miles i walked was on road. over day i sore less than 10 people whilst i was not in either of the towns on route. after my little taster i think i will have to walk the hole thing to moffat whilst wild camping. there was certainly plenty of good spots to wild camp the part i walked so i would think it will be similar the rest of the was.

looking over the solway to the lake district

the mouth of the river annan

lunch time and im traveling light which is bit of a novelty

last vue of the lakes for today

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
Great stuff, a much neglected area of the country. I worked at Chapelcross for 3 years and always liked looking back at the views of Cumbria, and I've paddled the River Annan a few times and always enjoyed it. Lovely wooded, pastoral countryside around there.

Cheers, Michael.

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
Oh that is beautiful. Lovely pictures too. Thanks for sharing.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HUAWEI Y360-U61 met Tapatalk

beezer

Forager
Oct 13, 2014
lockerbie
hi tony, im quite new to this part of the country only been here for 2 years. my list of places to explore is getting bigger all the time, think i will be exploring the eskdale area next. there are loads or hill fort around there and ive got my eye on a very nice bit for a camp spot.

thanks everyone else for the kind words :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE