An old family camp pic

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Clanchief

Oct 14, 2017
Lomondside to Glasgow
Here we have a view of my family camp circa 1926.
This is at a farm where my grandfather Jimmy (standing) held a summer camp for many years after the 1st world war at a farm at Ross Priory Loch Lomond, he would take the sons of wealthy Glasgow folks out of the smog for the school holidays, that washing device Kate is sat on peculiar item indeed. At this time he was working as a PTE Instructor at Dumbarton Academy.

C96Dv2d.jpg

74V3o8X.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've been at Ross Priory, Clanchief :) it used to belong (might still do ? ) to the staff of Strathclyde Uni, but we went as family days for NAGCS.
Lovely site :D

Your old photos look much like family camping of my childhood tbh :D
We camped on the foreshore of the lochs, anywhere practical my Dad could haul out a boat.

Nice to see, and thank you for sharing :D

M

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Really!
Here you can see how comfortable people became in the last years...

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Tengu I think if memory serves me right they were invented around American civil war time as a "civilised version "of a native american tipi. Personally I prefer a tipi for ambiance but the single pole was easier to transport and the added side walls gave more usable space and headroom at the sides of the tent.

Clanchief

Oct 14, 2017
Lomondside to Glasgow
This image was enlarged as written as taken by the fellow on the card in the next image. He was a bright man my uncle D Crawford, he was known to have designed and installed the radar at West Drayton, he owns a farm in Oxford now with horses.

Anyone know what is meant t be in the pot ?

sXtE6GR.jpg

IGXeprS.jpg

Reactions: GordonM

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE