Amo, amas, amat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
That is about the most I retain of my school boy Latin so is there any chance of a translation of the pen portraits on the staff page? At the moment it looks as if several are following the practice I adopted at school of cribbing one another's homework.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
amamus, amatis, amant ..... :)

Partly it's because the Boss requested that his Mods write a bit about themselves....and most of us just can't. I would hate to go for a job interview these days and have to write such soul withering things as 'personal statements'.

Reactions: crosslandkelly

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Shelly's info translated by Google translate

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Reserved jasmine convenience needs. Jasmine mass. When Pulls Rays Super Bowl mountains instantly. Till than football, ultricies, kids football, the price of one, salad. There is no one recipe for the mass.

Just until the foot and sorted by no bananas, beef functional, inexpensive. In fact, justo, rhoncus ut, imperdiet a, venenatis vitae, justo. Said soft foot football relay gas prices. Integer developers. Tomorrow protein. If not always live element. Nunc deductible region.

Aenean leo ligula, porttitor eu, consequat vitae, eleifend ac, enim. Lorem before any protein in, pull one feugiat mus. Phasellus viverra nulla ut metus varius laoreet. Each makeup. Jasmine hairstyle. Even if ultricies or propaganda. Chat ullamcorper ultricies nisi.

For the functional worth it. Even Zen. Maecenas tempus tellus eget condimentum rhoncus, month than he is always free, but that he himself, nor sit amet adipiscing sem. For now they sit or mourning volleyball, Bureau id, lorem. Maecenas hatred and developers at the time. Till planning free of poisonous jaws. Before any relay. It is also important clinical need peanut taste developers. Homework lion. However, ecological design that nibh. Till members arrows great. However, photography, lion members need drink, propaganda outdoor running now;

Reactions: Nice65

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

....apparently :)

Reactions: oldtimer

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
A depressing feature of aging is the increasing awareness of how much one doesn't know combined with the realisation of the limited time available to fill the vast gaps.

I'm beginning to grasp what Socrates meant when he saiid, "at last I know nothing." And he didn't know Latin either. Even Shakespeare claimed little Latin and less Greek. Shakespeare did, however, have an extensive knowledge of bushcraft and the natural world thanks to his childhood.

Ah well, you live and learn, then did and forget it all.

Reactions: Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Isn't it funny though how random passages of latin still linger in the old grey matter ?

O me miserum, sempere labora dun funds, sempere labora in milites.....
and I can still do the declensions and conjugations.

No damned use nowadays whatsoever though.

M

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Ha ha, I should just write all the profiles and see what it comes out like :D

Oh, you could have some fun with that. :D

Toddy, Femina Mirabilis

ECBD2_F26-367_B-412_C-82_D1-741_E42_B40_BBD.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE