Ammo Boxes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
Hiya,

Now that my kit is outgrowing my one bedroom flat (Thanks to you lot !!) and is to be relegated to the shed. I need to keep it dry and orderly.
So, can anyone suggest a good source for large ammo boxes as opposed to the "usual" sized ones. The one I have is approx 3ftx2ftx1ft and I'm looking to buy some of a similar size.

Cheers,

Martin

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
It is a strange day out. There are vehcile enthusiasts with their old tanks and stuff, a big arena with displays in (last time I went it was set out by the guy that did the stunts coordinating for Captain Correlli (SP) and was the biggest in Europe. It was a kind of Dunkirk to D-Day reinactment and was very loud :wink:

There are enough surplus stalls to keep you going for a whole day too - everything from current surplus to deactivated weapons from WW2.

And there is a beer tent. :uu:

Well worth a day out in the summer.

leon-1

Rob you mean the one at Beltring and the hop farm, it's a good day I used to go whenever I could and yes you could easily pick up a few ammo tins as well as a few de-activated MG42's amongst other things.

It's a nice day wandering around the arena (read fenced of bit of field for this) looking at all the stalls and perhaps partaking in a little libation :wink:

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Martin...does it have to be ammo boxes? I keep a lot of my kit in my shed (which I'm very proud of...I built it myself and it's a mock up of a log cabin....I'll have to post some pictures of it soon....my little hide away)....anyway, I use clear (so I can see what's in them) plastic stacker boxes.
You can get them at most £shops or at Homebase, B&Q or Focus DIY stores...

I didn't think they are that expensive. They are usually supplied with lids that are pretty air tight too.

Hope that's of use to you....

Phil.

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
Hiya Phil, :wave:

No, there's no need for ammo boxes specifically but I do use them at the moment for my fire breathing supplies and I do find them very tough, waterproof and fireproof. I keep my search and rescue stuff in those plastic boxes when they are indoors because they look "nicer" though.

thanks for the help though,

Martin

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
This is a good spot to discuss storage in general. I keep a few of the silicone impregnated cloths handy ( used over here for firearm and fishing tackle maintenance) A good wipe after handling prevents rust in my own guilty fingerprint's as evidence of stupidity. A few packets of dessicant are nice, even in ammo boxes. Whatever you clamp the lid on stays in there, moisture, bugs, car keys...A popular, though expensive item over here for survival storage are the food units that evacuate all the air from a bag and then heat seal it. It's usefull for sealing up just about everything for safe longterm storage.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE