Alternating story writing thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
So Oldtimer came up with this idea in this thread: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116634
And I thought we should just give it a try. :)

So here's what we're gonna do. I'll write part of a story, let's say about 8-10 lines. Then the next person writes some lines, then the next and so on and so forth. Doesn't matter what the story's about I suppose but I'll start bushy. It could really be fun. And suggestions to improve on this concept are welcome obviously.

New rule: Before you want to type a part of the story, you need to reserve the last post in this thread, so that people don't go posting stories at the same time. :)

I'm not great at this but hold my beer, here goes:

Jack was walking through the forest. He'd been away from it for a long time.
He noticed the smoking and drinking and general unhealthy lifestyle had not done his stamina much good.
While he was walking he couldn't help but miss his friends from the city.
Ironically it was the same feeling of absence that he felt when he was among friends, but out of the woods.
He remembered that some of the aspects of life back in the city were never going to get completely replaced by these nature experiences, and he felt lucky that he had a life which permitted him to exchange between these lives.
This time however, he would be in the woods for a long time, and not see anyone in this period.
Suddenly he heard a loud rustling and cracking of branches nearby him.

Now someone else takes over:)

Last edited:

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
and a voice he recognised croaked out " i had to stamp on that branch to get your attention Jack boy, i've been following you since that last fork in the path and you didn't even know i was there, you're slipping son"
Jack turned and came face to face with his old friend and mentor Stan.
Stan had to be over eighty now but was as fresh as when young Jack had met him 20 years previously.
Everything Jack new had been taught him by this scruffy old man who now stood before him grinning,

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Jack stopped in his tracks, his heart pounding then chuckled to himself as he saw the white flash of a roe deer rump.
Well that was a good sign he thought,let's hope there's plenty more of that to come.
Continuing on the seldom trodden path he mused about being startled,too long away from the real world of nature he thought.
Adjusting his back pack slightly, which carried all he would need to be comfortable for a while, he reckoned it was time for a brew.
He found a little clearing a few yards further on and slipped off his pack and jerkin,it was quite mild and he was heating up a tad.

someone continue please....

disregard please, beaten to it

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
i think maybe if you fancy having a go then reserve the next post while your writing your bit, then everyone will know that it's you next and the storyline will continue from the post above yours and without double posts.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Yeah that's a grand idea grand idea Robbi. Will continue on your story as you were first to post.

-RESERVED-

Then a large grin broke through in Stan's face, and Jack felt glad that he got a chance to see him.
Come, Stan said, let's go to my place and have some coffee. When they arrived at Stan's place, which was
basically a small log cabin that was in need of replacing, the strange mix of smells struck him. It'd been a long
time since he smelled these things. He realised how much he'd missed it. Whilst drinking coffee Stan passed him one of his unregistered
lever action rifles (Stan had always been a somewhat shady figure), and suggested going hunting that afternoon.

Now somebody reserve the next post and continue please:)

Last edited:

The Survivor

Nomad
Feb 1, 2013
On Earth
-reserved-

Since Jack had been involved in the accidental shooting of a game keeper near this very forest, he had not thought about hunting, it had become a piece of his past.
In saying that, He had always enjoyed having Stan sarcastically mock him and his friends on their poor aim, or their clumsiness whilst stalking their prey.

"Oh well" mused Jack, "for old times sake I suppose"...

Carry on....

Last edited:

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
-Reserved-

Stan got his dog, which he had chained up in his garden. It was a vague mix of german shepherd, Irish wolfhound and something else.
It's name was Cloud, Jack new Stan had named it that because it sort of had the colour of a grey cloud. .
As they walked up the old the old track Stan asked him: 'Where you able to find what you were looking for in the city?' 'Some things'
Jack replied. ''But not what everything set out to find.'' As they passed a corner they spotted a dead deer on the side of the track.
It's hind legs had been torn of and were nowhere to be found. 'You have wolves in these parts nowadays Stan?' Jack asked. 'Not that I know off' he replied.

Last edited:

The Survivor

Nomad
Feb 1, 2013
On Earth
-RESERVED-

Wolves. The thought made Jack shiver. Memories of cold fearful nights after the helicopter crash came flooding back. He should never have joined the special forces...
"Whats that?" whispered Stan, who was pointing towards the small forest clearing just up the path. The tone of his voice made Jack go cold...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE