Air rifle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I posted a few weeks ago, on some one else's thread that i was thinking about getting one, well i finally did, after trying all sorts, i settled on a HW100kt, in 22, this is a pcp rifle, the first time i've had anything to do with them, what a revelation !.
I got to shoot it today on the range, its so quiet, not that anyone would of heard it if it was'nt, as a guy was shooting a .577 2 band musket(black powder) 3 stands away !.
Once zeroed in at 25 mtrs this thing is great, far more accurate than i will ever be, i was using AA diablo field pellets, which it seems to like, but i was told they prefer JSB's.

Happy days :)

Rob

Kai watts

Nov 15, 2015
Cambridgeshire
You won't go wrong with that. I have 100kt in .177, silly accurate really. Mine does prefer jsb's in 4.52mm. But every rifle is different. You can get sample packs off the bay maybe pick up few different types and see which work best in you barrel.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
You won't go wrong with that. I have 100kt in .177, silly accurate really. Mine does prefer jsb's in 4.52mm. But every rifle is different. You can get sample packs off the bay maybe pick up few different types and see which work best in you barrel.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Many thanks, at the moment i'm shooting AA fields through it, & it seems to like them, but i will look out for some jsb's.

Rob

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Good choice! I've had a HW77K and a HW97. And the PCPs are just as good. I could knock a nail in with mine. Make sure you use the RIGHT .22 though, weihrauch like most German manufacturers actually measure caliber differently to we brits. They measure caliber from the top of the rifling, we measure from the bottom. Hence British .22 is 5.6mm, German are 5.5mm, tiny change that makes a huge difference. H&N FTT are a good shout as are RWS branded pellets. AA Diablo field will be 5.6 so will deform slightly in the breech, although they'll still group well :)

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Hi Rob, got the same as you but in .177. Brilliant rifle and found that AA Field's are perfect for it, JSB's were all over the shop but there have been reports of current JSB supplies being less than expected in the quality dept'.
Rob.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Just picked up a tin of H&N ftt pellets, so will go th the range at Waddington tonight & see how they compere to the AA's.

Yep they really are a great rifle Rob, but i think its spoiling me !

Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE