Advert popups

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Am I the only one that gets advertisements open in new windows almost every time I click anywhere on the forum ?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I don't think you should be getting those past the first page……I'll flag this for Admin, see what they say.

M

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
I am getting them absolutely everywhere even when I click on just blank space here in this thread
Check for spyware and viruses bud.
Malwarebytes and superantispyware are both free and the scans should clean your system .

Piriform's CCleaner is also free and will clean and speed up your system too.

slimshady

Tenderfoot
Oct 29, 2014
Oxfordshire
I had similar few weeks ago, for example on anything inc BBC website clicking on a picture or story another tab opened with some dubios content.
Luckily I recently had a restore-point to roll back to. Then it was a case of running Windows update to make sure all ok.

Alex.

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Check for spyware and viruses bud.
Malwarebytes and superantispyware are both free and the scans should clean your system .

Piriform's CCleaner is also free and will clean and speed up your system too.

But this only happens on this site , how is that possible ?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I've had a look at this and can't see anything that would be causing it on BcUK, it's worth having a look at your machine and checking, we'll do some more tests on here and see what we come up with.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I'm also presuming that we're talking about this site and not the dev site that this thread is focused on? I'll probably split this conversation off into its own thread...

Trotsky

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Sounds like you have a malware, install this software it is free, chose the free version, noting beats it, you will forget they ever existed

Malware bytes anti malware

scroll down the page and you will see a version for Windows, Mac or Android devices

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Now it started to do it on other places too , looks like its something with my laptop , anyone can help me fix this or what is it ?
Im downloading that malware thing now

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Now it started to do it on other places too , looks like its something with my laptop , anyone can help me fix this or what is it ?
Im downloading that malware thing now
That will do it .
Mbam , as me and GGTbod recommend is the mutt's nuts .

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
I downloaded and installed it , scanned and deleted all threats , restarted the comp but it is still doing the same...

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Sounds like you are definitely infected with a malware or spyware, if the link leshy provided does not do the job then i would install Avast Anitvirus the free version again is all regular users will ever need, get the free version for your system either mac, windows or android, run a full scan not a quick scan and if after restarting it is still doing it go into the avast menu and look for the option to run a pre boot scan, this shuts down your computer and scans it before windows boots up and it usually gets everything.

I knew all those years training and working as a Cisco level 2 pc installation tech, those certificates and shiny holograms were not for nothing :D

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Just in case you were wondering, i would not connect a computer to the internet at all without first having malware bytes anti malware and Avast free version installed, and the very first thing i would do when i connected to the internet after installing these two programs is update to the latest versions of both, i call them internet condoms as you'll never know what you will catch going online without them or something as good.

Fully trained Cisco level 2 pc grunt here with the shiny certificates to prove it, absolutely bloody useless at everything else in the office :D

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Fully trained Cisco level 2 pc grunt here with the shiny certificates to prove it, absolutely bloody useless at everything else in the office :D

Not so sure I believe that last bit...
I bet you make a mean cup of tea.

Not to mention that I reckon you'd be throwing the best office parties the corporate world has ever seen ....😎😁

But humbleness is nice Bob.
😉

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
I did the full pre boot up scan , waited for few hours and after it finished it is still opening that darn new window , every time it opens until it goes to some site that is being advertised , it says onclickrev.com and then goes , any more solutions to fix it ?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE