Admin, I keep getting redirected when in the Maker's Market

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
Admin

When i go into the makers market sub forum I keep getting redirected to an american web page that starts "lemode-mgz.com....."
it will happen about 5-6 times every time I click back and then it wont do it again for 10 minutes, then does it again 5-6 times and so on.

any clues?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Me too, and we thought it was my computer that was bugged somehow.

I'll flag this for Admin to see how to sort it out.

Thank you for letting us know, and I'll get back to you as soon as I know anything.

cheers,
Mary

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Me too, and we thought it was my computer that was bugged somehow.

Thought it was just me as well ~ I've spent hours trying to locate and shift files for that lemode-mgz virus :bandit: ... no wonder I couldn't find hide nor hair on my machine! :eek: :rofl:

It pops up, for me, in open threads ~ iirc, rather than Makers, usually in Other Chatter.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
IT's nothing to do with any of your computers or the site, it's purely an issue with google advertising, they're trying to fix it now and ongoing as there's often something that slips through and makes things a pain for site users, this one has been causing problems all over on many different sites, I've blocked this particular one so if any others crop up let me know and i'll try to block them on our side...

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:D

I want to know what cretin thought that a lady's Style magazine was appropriate for a bushcraft forum though :rolleyes:
After all, our general idea of sartorial elegance is OD, with the occasional flecktarn and leather embellishments :D

M

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I've blocked this particular one so if any others crop up let me know and i'll try to block them on our side...

Tony, Lemode mgz has just started popping up again :( :puppy_dog . Previously it only flicked page from an open thread but these last couple have flicked out from New Posts :pirate::viking::sulkoff:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Definition of irony ... clicking to read a thread about an internet redirect virus and then having to repeatedly click back to get away from the increasingly problematic jump-away page :cop: :bandit: :censored:

:rofl:

It's irksome at this end so hats off to Admin (and Mods), not the easiest stuff to deal with :35: :notworthy

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
how are things now?

Toddy, it's the same issue all over the web, there's loads of sites that are getting hit with the same magazine address...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE