add an image from iphoto??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
AAAARRRGH!! stupid mac!!

Does anybody know how to add a photo to a new thread directly from iphoto? i thought it would be a simple case of dragging and dropping but apparantly not....:dunno:

please help!

Thankyou,

Dan :D

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
I am not sure exactly how iPhoto works but if they are hosed online then you should be able to grab the URL of the image and post it in a thread using

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Drag and drop would be nice :)

You can either upload your photo to the BCUK image gallery and link from there or link from a web gallery published from iPhoto.

To post a link from an image you have placed online if you need to surround the URL of that image with

DoctorSpoon

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 24, 2007
Peak District
www.robin-wood.co.uk
AAAARRRGH!! stupid mac!!
a bad workman blames his tools ;)

Pictures on iPhoto I are on your mac if it's anything like mine. For them to show on any forum they need to be on the internet. The easiest way is to get a photobucket or similar online photo storage account. They are free, dead easy to use, will resize your pictures for you and give you the linky thing to paste into your thread.
Nicola

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
cheers for the help guys! i'm a bit of a technophobe and have never tried anything this adventurous before.

i'll try the old photo bucket thing.

Thankyoooou!:D

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I know photobucket is great but if the pictures are outdoor ones it would be good to upload them on the gallery here, then we can all see them for a longer period of time and you can still link to them without a problem. Just right click on the photo, copy the address and paste it between
tags. If a link comes from photobucket to a thread there's just one opportunity to see the pics and that's in the thread, there's a lot of people that browse the gallery....Just a thought ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE