Aberdeenshire Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lodian

Nomad
May 23, 2007
Peterhead, Aberdeenshire
Secret location, nah thwere called Lenabough woods there on the round about of peterhead.
They were once owned by the navy but sold them to the local community now there anyones land.
Theyre are some old wells lying around but there marked out and the place has loads of spagna moss.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You do know that there's a lot of us in Scotland and if you post a date and a site you'll probably find yourself swamped with people. :D

cheers,
Toddy

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Aha, my Sister-in-Law just so happens to be moving to Aberdeen today and the wife is insisting that we go and visit on a regular basis, so this will give me the oppurtunity to drop her off at her sister's and for me to go bushcrafting up your way.
Umm sounds good to me.:cool:
As long as you don't mind an englishman in your midst!

Lodian

Nomad
May 23, 2007
Peterhead, Aberdeenshire
You do know that there's a lot of us in Scotland and if you post a date and a site you'll probably find yourself swamped with people. :D

cheers,
Toddy

Why do you think ive gone quiet lol.
Nah ive found a great venue, funnily eough its close to me but its not because of that its be coz its massive has 2 or 3 rivers deer,rabbits a local farmer group who sell eggs and fresh milk really cheap.
And it defintly a wild camp spotthere is the occasiional dog walker or runner. But a great place all over.
If that venues ok with everyone oh its called Lenabo its an was an old raf base but closed after ww1 now its a massive forest.And when i say dear theres lotsa dear.
Its 15 miles from the asdas were i stay.
Now what about dates im thinking next year or the xmas holdiays if you dont mind the cold and rain.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Lodian, if you don't want a 'group' meet up, then might I suggest that you title the thread in such a way that that is clear?
There are a lot of small meetups around the country, not all sites are suitable for numbers, and not all meet ups are open to all-comers, many start simply by a few pms among like minded folks.
The forum is a friendly place, and widely read, invitations are usually accepted by those who can manage to come along......and it's always good to see someone else's patch.

cheers,
Toddy

Clark

Forager
Jul 18, 2007
Aberdeen
i only just noticed this thread, i'm in aberdeen and i'd be up for a meet and i know a couple of other people that would also be up for this.

Lodian

Nomad
May 23, 2007
Peterhead, Aberdeenshire
Ok dokie toddie has been giving me some advice about this etc
Now date for my end is probably looking around march, or feburary. Now this place Lenabo has the land space to support alot of people but tis really gona be what you bring with you as apart from the farmer that i metnioned the nearest shop(ASDA) is 7-10 miles from the site.
Any water that you don't bring can be found in one or 2 of the streams and they will need to be puried etc.So i do advise bringing some bottled.
So understanding that thismight not be a fantastic meet could people give what month would be better march or feb and if your still intrested in going then say so, so i can gauge a rough idea.
Lodian.
(though i will go out for a day a couple of times to see if i can find some more water supply and get a better feel of the area)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE