Aaaggghhhh! Just having a rant.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Typical, it's the way things are and not how they should be. Last week Bivibabes house got burnt out, 99% of things ruined. She was promised emergency accommodation within a few days, and found out today that workmen are still working on said accommodation.

Baahhhhhumbug. I really hate Local Authority Housing.

Rant over.

Nag.

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Typical, it's the way things are and not how they should be. Last week Bivibabes house got burnt out, 99% of things ruined. She was promised emergency accommodation within a few days, and found out today that workmen are still working on said accommodation.

Baahhhhhumbug. I really hate Local Authority Housing.

Rant over.

Nag.

Thats not a rant have another go ,and give it some laldie this time :soapbox:

Ps sorry to hear about the house i hope everyones ok

Jason

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Sorry to hear about the house Mark, is she okay?

Is the house repairable? It's in such a great spot

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Thats not a rant have another go ,and give it some laldie this time :soapbox:

Ps sorry to hear about the house i hope everyones ok

Jason

:censored: Typical, it's :censored: the way things are and not how they :censored:should be. Last week Bivibabes house got burnt out, 99% of things ruined. She was promised emergency accommodation within a few days, and found out today that :censored: workmen are :censored: still :censored:working on said accommodation.

Baahhhhhumbug. I really :censored: hate Local Authority Housing.

:lmao: That better?

Everyone, including cats n dogs are okay. At the end of the day everything else is just stuff.

Nag.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Sorry to hear about the house Mark, is she okay?

Is the house repairable? It's in such a great spot

The fire started due to a faulty chimney vent, so looks like A.C.H.A. could be liable. Next door (semidetached) got it worse I think, and she had only just moved in a few months ago too. We've been told to not to expect to get back in for at least 18 months :(

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Good grief :sigh: moan away lad, that's pretty savage, especially at this time of year :(

Glad to hear that no one's hurt though :)

:grouphug:
M

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
There are not many things in life this side of illness and death that's worse than seeing your house and everything in it go up in smoke.
Our summer house burnt to the ground a few years back, so i can sympathise.

I wouldn't wait for any housing association though, get your self into some short term rented accommodation or just jump in with some family or friends.

To anyone else please please please make sure you change your smoke alarm batteries every year and it really is worth going round and unplugging everything at night.
Absolutely no idea who the A.C.H.A. is but getting your chimney very cleaned out once a year is essential as well.

might sound crazy but your lucky it was just a fire and no carbon monoxide poisoning.

Good luck with everything.

Jan 15, 2012
essex
The fire started due to a faulty chimney vent, so looks like A.C.H.A. could be liable. Next door (semidetached) got it worse I think, and she had only just moved in a few months ago too. We've been told to not to expect to get back in for at least 18 months :(

The place i am living in has a real fireplace, i got a few old fence posts in the garden i was thinking of cutting up and try the fire out. you got me worried now lol how do i know if its ok.

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
The place i am living in has a real fireplace, i got a few old fence posts in the garden i was thinking of cutting up and try the fire out. you got me worried now lol how do i know if its ok.

If it's been a while or you have no idea when it was last done, then my advice is to get it cleaned out anyways.

At least you know then.

Jan 15, 2012
essex
4 or 5 years i havent used it, dont know about before that. never got around to getting a fire guard why not used it. get a bit of sand come down it now and then, small amount.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE