Trip Report A windy wild camp in Kent...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
Hi de hi campers!

Thought I'd share my latest vlog from last weekends wildcamp. I joined a few friends for a night in a local woodland. As part of this camp I loaded up my rucksack and walked 5 miles into camp. It proved to be a bit of a beasting for me as my rucksack weighed a ton (I had 5ltr of liquid, full winter load out and even my cast iron cookware!!). But I'm a bit weird in so much as I enjoy that element and the exercise that it offers. However, I will definitely need to lighten the load when I plan to do long distance hikes though.

It was a nice relaxing camp though and I really enjoyed using a tweaked plough point tarp configuration.

As always, let me know what you think...

ScottE

Nomad
Mar 22, 2017
Norfolk
Good watch cheers Barney, I like that tarp setup too, simple and spacious, looks like it cuts the breeze off well.

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
Good watch cheers Barney, I like that tarp setup too, simple and spacious, looks like it cuts the breeze off well.
Cheers Scott and thanks for the sub. Yes the tarp did deflect the wind quite effectively, although I did also choose a fairly sheltered spot which undoubtedly helped quite a bit. I was also surprised at how well the superlight tarp performed, it's a worryingly thin fabric, but it has so far proven to be quite robust in some very testing conditions.

Reactions: ScottE

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
Been listening to “tales from the tipi” today while at work driving, brilliant, chilli farts, bivi chat, made my travels more bearable!
Nice one, glad you enjoyed it. Des will be pleased as punch when he see's that people are listening to the podcast!
I'm obviously a bit biased in my opinion, but I rather like that Des is keeping things authentic with it (farts an' all)!

Reactions: ScottE

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE