A unique opportunity to own a piece of knife history!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
A true once in a lifetime chance!

Now available is a unique and stunning piece of art from the reknowned knifemakers of Mora - that hub of all things pointy and shiny.

A genuine antique Mora Knife!

DSCN4214.jpg

Gasp at it's wonderousness!
The patina on the blade is the result of a unique combination of extreme hard use and disgraceful neglect - see below where some of the blade has been professionally restored to reveal the original makers marks..........

DSCN4217.jpg

Using an age old restorative techique of 1000 grit sandpaper, fingernail and spit - we are allowed once again to see the original makers mark previously hidden under the rusts of time!!

Marvel at the workmanship!
DSCN4215.jpg

Here we see that a fortuitous crumbling of the handle has allowed us a glimpse at the quality of the rivet makers art - where tang and handle combine in an eternal embrace.

Aged by time!
DSCN4218.jpg

The handle, just look at that handle! Why the heart sings!!
You can't fake a handle like that - it comes from surviving the harshest environments, surviving tough treks through the frozen wastes of the north (of Devon)

DSCN4216.jpg

A truly magnificent knife of museum quality - a finer example you will never find.

Not just a knife, but an archeological treasure!

Such a knife is beyond price and value - but I will start an auction here, with all proceeds going to Help For Hero's

Auction will run until FRIDAY NIGHT!!!! (17th Dec)

So start your bidding and maybe you will one day soon hold this magnificent heirloom which can be handed down through future generations.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Your just spoiling us now.:rolleyes:

Infact that thing looks older than the Spear of destiny. Your sure you want to let go of it.?

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Right I'll give you a whole £10.00 if you take it away and give it a proper Christian funeral.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
come on guys !! help me out here !!

Robbi , a Mr K rogers offers the following sage advice;-

"You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
Know when to run
You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table
There'll be time enough for countin'
When the dealin's done"

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Robbi , I'm getting the sense your regretting your earlier rash decision and I'm willing to put that down to auction house excitement...

...So I'm upping my bid to £15.00.

< Fools , no one realised its in fact a very valuable item masquerading as a piece of duff!! >

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
TeeDee.... i put it all down to Stella mate !! looked at it this morning and thought...*** !!

still, as i said earlier, it's all for a good cause and what i'll do is still send my £12 to Wanderingblade to be added to the pot when the auction finishes.

come on chaps.......you know you want it !!

( you have no idea how happy your £15 has made me !!... if those "knives" had landed through the letter box.....SWMBO would have killed me !....YOU'VE BOUGHT WHAT !!! )

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE