a new year and a new question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
so then gang

who of you are joining me in the hangover club bar for swift one cos i am dying.
the reason for it is at about half tweleve i asked the lads i was out with if we could start on the whiskeys with the intention of stopping the pints and just drinking whiskey but tom my mate said what a brilliant idea drew whiskey chasers.

so as a conceiquence my head is spining and i feel rough and yes before you ask this first hangover i have ever had excluding the time i threw up

drew

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
No hangovers here Drew,i was on the whisky too and i have been out on 5 mile walk this morning. Get your boots on and get out of the house. Cheers.

Darren

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:rolleyes:
Rehydrate, use something sugary so it gets into the bloodstream quick.....Irn Bru's good, and take some paracetamol.
Get out and walk, get the blood moving *regardless* of how bad you feel. Go back home, shower and go back to bed for a bit.

Never had a real hangover and I'm too damned old to start now :D

M

colly

Forager
Apr 10, 2010
Edenbridge Kent
four am on the 31st shmbi started with the winter vomiting.
so we are in qualiteen i spent last night watching tv with her travelling between bed and sofa and back again.
just had a couple of beers and a baileys so no hangover but now i've gotten a headache so i might as well had more to drink last night...
not looking forward to the next few days...

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
best hang over cure is a bacon butty and a cuppa, however i had a fair amount of whiskey myself last night and i'm feeling fine today.
guess yuo get used to it eventually ;)

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Y'know Irn Bru and whisky is actually quite palatable :D

cheers,
Toddy

yep and i see it behind bars and on pumps in Scotland,..

that and black pudding on the chippy menu,...:35:

two things we lack down here,...:(

Gavmar

Life Member
Jan 24, 2010
Dagenham Essex
If I have a hangover, I use slippery elm powder with two spoonfulls of honey in warm water or milk, to dissolve the honey and slippery elm powder. It's very good for hangovers. Works very quickly.

I was at a festival in the forest of Dean about 20 years ago. I was in a bad state from the night before. Some woman asked me was I alright, I told how I felt. She brought me into her van and gave me this it worked and I've used it ever since.

Last edited:

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
:rolleyes:
Rehydrate, use something sugary so it gets into the bloodstream quick.....Irn Bru's good, and take some paracetamol.
Get out and walk, get the blood moving *regardless* of how bad you feel. Go back home, shower and go back to bed for a bit.

Never had a real hangover and I'm too damned old to start now :D

M
Wise old owl! Happy New Year Mary:)

No Idea

Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
Hangover?

Nope. Never had one.

Occasionally I regain conciousness and realise im a bit blurred, so I drink a pint of water or tea, then go eat breakfast - usually fried if I can get it.

I make it a rule not to drink while its daylight, so I can drink much longer in the winter lol

Any time I get the urge to drink when I wake up, I stop drinking for a fortnight immediately as that ends up with me losing whole weeks. I could easily become an alchoholic as I dont have any nasty side effects from it, so this is important to me.

I also make it a habit not to drink my whiskey neat anymore. Last night I diluted it with a bottle of mulled wine, and heated it as it was a bit cold. It was lovely!

Happy New Year.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE