A mystery, or, A little help to ID this Air rifle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
I am trying to ID my Dads old air rifle, it is at least 30 years old, all metal construction except for Brown Plastic slabs on the stock and a wooden grip, a Barrel Break with "Cal 170" and "073009" on the bit below the rear sight. A feature I haven't seen on other rifles of this type is a spring loaded magazine for round pellets (the tube along the top of the rear of the rifle) that feed a pellet into the chamber when the barrel is cocked. Any help would be appreciated. If this is in the wrong section, could one of the mods please move it to the appropriate one :)

20130515_170206.jpg

20130515_170238.jpg

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
I think it may be a paratrooper repeater. Made by ASI in .177 cal. The tube would be for BBs though not pellets iirc.

I think you may be right, googling that name brings up pictures and information that matches the rifle exactly. Apparently it is Spanish and a very early mult-shot made in the 70s. Thanks for the info :You_Rock_

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Gawd do I feel old now, I used to lust after one of those back in my teens.:p

ASI became El Gammo then just Gammo if I remember correctly I've still go at CF16 tucked away somewhere which used to rattle scopes something terrible with it's Ox mainspring. :banghead:

We never worried about accuracy back then, it was all just bus stop bragging rights about how far through the yellow pages your gun would shoot!
:nutkick:

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I happen to have an identical one in the locker, given to me by a workmate who found it under his mother's bed while clearing her house!
Must get round to trying it out, should be a great plinker.

Dave

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Lol !, this has brought back a few memories all round !. I to wanted one when in my teens, had a go with one, all that shooting & no re-loading !

And marksman pellets in cardboard boxes, good memories

Rob

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Marksman pellets, hmm, it was a wonder we ever hit a darn thing with them! All very far removed from my Air Arms S400 with JSB Exacts!

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE