A little guessing game.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
Does anyone know what this is? Its about 4" tall. Obviously I know what it is and didnt want to put it in the correct sub forum as that would give clues away.

Now all you tech geeks, I dont want you finding your way to my photobucket account from the links!!! ;)

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
It's wooden so grinding seeds, etc would not make it a good choice for that. It's rounded at the top for a nice fit in the Palm which combined with the bottom it's definitely a press former for something. Can't tell the gap between the male and the female base exactly but it looks 1mm gap. My thoughts were thin papier mache forms. Like those ones you buy for seedlings in tray format that you later split and plant leaving the pot to decompose in the soil.

Looking above someone else had that idea but with paper. Have you tried doing something with thicker wet paper or is thin paper strong enough for pots?

BTW I gave my reasoning as I wanted to show I just didn't cheat or read the earlier poster.

Did you make it?

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
No I didn't make it and it actually came from Wilkos.

It is a little device for making paper seeedling cups so it is eco friendly and you can just plant the pot straight into the ground.

Get the required length of paper.

Wrap it around the handle, fold over the bottom and press it into the base.

Then bobs your uncle, a seedling pot that is actually very strong even when wet.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE