A few books (RHS, Gardening, Photography and more)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Androo

Nomad
Dec 8, 2010
NW UK
As mentioned in the Deer Antler for sale thread, the proceeds of these sales will go towards paying the fee's for the Woodland Pioneers course I am booked on, but I am also looking for trades/swaps for the following items:
  • Spoon or crooked knives (Orford or Westerman preferred - can handle myself if no handles)
  • Carving and/or bushcraft knives
  • Nagura 1000/6000 sharpening stone
  • Woodcarving chisels (and any other greenwood carving sharps)
  • Carving axe/Adze (can handle myself if no handle)
  • Decent Hammock
  • Decent Mozzi net
  • Also - open to offers, feel free to suggest items not on this list.

The books:

A colour guide to rare wild flowers - John Fisher (constable guide) [isbn: 0094691908] An excellent book with high quality photographs and botanical information by an acknowledged authority on Wild Flowers. Paper-backed field guide with wipe clean vinyl covers. £5 all in.

The Natural History of The Garden by Michael Chinery [isbn:0006353223] £4 all in.

Photographing Plants and Gardens (RHS) by Clive Nichols [isbn:0715301357] Excellent RHS quality hard-backed book, dust jacket lightly scuffed, price-clipped. £7 all in.

The Times - A Century in Photographs: Gardening 1900-2000 (RHS) by Mark Griffiths [isbn:0007634382] Again, a standard excellent RHS quality hard-back. Light scuffing to dust jacket. £7 all in.

Tom Mackie's Landscape Photography Secrets [isbn:0715322966] Wonderful quality hard-backed book with excellent quality photographs and very useful and relevant tips/articles for the budding or experienced landscape photographer. Slight twist to the spine. £10 all in.

Grasses by Roger Grounds (RHS) [isbn:1844001598] Another very good quality RHS hard-backed book on Grasses - in all my years as a gardener, this is the best book on Grasses I've ever found! (Shame to see it go, but no use any longer) This is not an ID book, but details the habits and character, cultural information and uses along with good quality photos. £15 all in.

Step-by-Step Garden DIY (50 simple projects in Wood, Stone and Water) by A&G Bridgewater [isbn:1843301660] Good quality, well laid out, easy to follow. £7 all in.

The River Cottage Cookbook by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall [isbn:0007164092] A crease to the front cover, but otherwise in great condition. £7 all in.

The Bluebird years - Donald Campbell and the pursuit of speed by Arthur Knowles with Graham Beech [isbn:1850587663] A fascinating comprehensive read, written by an individual with connections to the Campbell family. £5 all in.

I have more books to list which I will add to this thread in due course. I'm also willing to combine postage to reduce the overall cost - please PM if you'd like any or more than one of the books and we can come to some agreement. I can take photos if you'd like and answer any questions you may have.
Just to say that items are based near Kendal, Cumbria if you would like to pick up.
I'm happy to accept paypal, postal orders & cheques aswell as trades.

Thanks for looking and remember, the proceeds are going to a good cause!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE