A Bushmoot related question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
So I'm planning to go to the bushmoot this year with a good friend of mine.
(Who is 18, 19 at that time and I also have parental permission so that's all sorted:))

The dates at which we'll be there is the 8th until the 16th of august. And we're planning to go by airplane.
So the thing is, a flight to Bristol is a lot cheaper than a flight to Cardiff.
But flying on Bristol won't be much cheaper if we have to pay for public transport all the way to Merthyr Mawr.

So what we we're wondering is, if there will be anyone travelling through Bristol on the 8th so that we could carpool and split fuel costs with?
I know it's a bit early on to ask this but you never know.:)

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
I live in Bristol and should be attending the Moot, I don't mind giving a lift out, but I will only be there for the core days, leaving on the 13th. If this helps, let me know.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Hi Niels, I think it might be better to leave it till nearer the time, when folk will have planned what and when they are doing and going. Merry Christmas to you mate, and look forward to meeting up with you next year.:christmas1:

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Hi Niels, I think it might be better to leave it till nearer the time, when folk will have planned what and when they are doing and going. Merry Christmas to you mate, and look forward to meeting up with you next year.:christmas1:

My reason for asking so early is because the flights get more expensive towards the date.
So I thought I'd just check if anyone already has this stuff planned.

Looking forward to meeting you too. And a merry Christmas to you too! :)

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I suggest speaking to Anjho (Johan) the Administrator

He makes the trip regularly and may have information about flights and trains that you may not have considered yet.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
My reason for asking so early is because the flights get more expensive towards the date.
So I thought I'd just check if anyone already has this stuff planned.

Looking forward to meeting you too. And a merry Christmas to you too! :)

Keep in mind of course that Bristol Airport is well South West of Bristol on the A38 and doesn't have direct motorway connections.

Does Bridgend not have an airport then? :rolleyes:

The arrival date is OK though people don't generally want to arrive too late on the Friday. The real problem will be Saturday 16th as there are few people left on site at that time.

http://www.greyhounduk.com/ Greyhound Coach is cheap and regular. £6 from Bristol Airport to Cardiff, £2.50 from Cardiff to Bridgend Designer Outlet. Total one way is £8.50 plus the beer for the person that has to drive all the way to the motorway to pick you up.

Last edited:

Lou

Settler
Feb 16, 2011
the French Alps
twitter.com
I did the trip last year from Bristol Airport and it wasn't, from what I can remember, that expensive. It maybe worth looking into so that you can remain flexible. the bus from the airport to the train station is £9 return (I think), I just looked up the train prices and from Bristol Temple Meads (the station that you get dropped off at from the airport) to Bridgend is £36 return and the journey is about an hour and a half. I am sure that someone will be able to pick you up from Brigend station but if not the taxi one way is about £12-£15 depending on whether the taxi driver wants to show you the sights or not ;) I walked from the station to the nearest Supermarket which is five minutes away and got my shopping and then there is a free phone at the supermarket that you call the taxi from, it came within 2 minutes. hope this helps :) there were loads of people willing to give me a lift back to the station at the end of the moot, but I booked the same taxi to come back on the last day, just so I was covered. as it happens, I shared the taxi on the way back with someone else so I was able to split the cost.

Last edited:

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
I did the trip last year from Bristol Airport and it wasn't, from what I can remember, that expensive. It maybe worth looking into so that you can remain flexible. the bus from the airport to the train station is £9 return (I think), I just looked up the train prices and from Bristol Temple Meads (the station that you get dropped off at from the airport) to Bridgend is £36 return and the journey is about an hour and a half. I am sure that someone will be able to pick you up from Brigend station but if not the taxi one way is about £12-£15 depending on whether the taxi driver wants to show you the sights or not ;) I walked from the station to the nearest Supermarket which is five minutes away and got my shopping and then there is a free phone at the supermarket that you call the taxi from, it came within 2 minutes. hope this helps :) there were loads of people willing to give me a lift back to the station at the end of the moot, but I booked the same taxi to come back on the last day, just so I was covered. as it happens, I shared the taxi on the way back with someone else so I was able to split the cost.

That's really good info. Judging from that even if we fly on Bristol and take the train to Bridgend it's still cheaper than flying on Cardiff.
I think I'll go look into some flights then, thanks for all the info folks:)

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Nice one TH, several options then. I usually do a supermarket run each day for the Naughty Corner so I can probably pick up some peoples on a run with enough notice and they can grab supplies at the same time. A taxi for £12-15, ouch, I only charge a cheese selection or something like that for the NC! ;) I collected Mouse from the Station last time and took him straight to the NC, for two days he didn't realise that wasn't all of the Moot!!!! :lmao:

Last edited:

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
Nice one TH, several options then. I usually do a supermarket run each day for the Naughty Corner so I can probably pick up some peoples on a run with enough notice and they can grab supplies at the same time. A taxi for £12-15, ouch, I only charge a cheese selection or something like that for the NC! ;) I collected Mouse from the Station last time and took him straight to the NC, for two days he didn't realise that wasn't all of the Moot!!!! :lmao:

He also left me in tescos for two hours until the security asked me to move but in all honesty I'll do it all again in a heart beat

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
He also left me in tescos for two hours until the security asked me to move but in all honesty I'll do it all again in a heart beat

The trauma has obviously affected your memory, it was Asda for 1 hour, well maybe 1 hour 15 minutes! To be fair you were shopping for one plus some cheese, I was shopping for 90! ;)

As for security, they were suspicious of you as soon as you came through the door. :theyareon:cop:

:BlueTeamE

Last edited:

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
We ordered tickets on Cardiff now, as we considered the ease of travelling and getting there quicker outweighed the costs.
Looking forward to this.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE