A bit of a silly thread, but I 'm curious. Have you ever...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Sure! Nothing but hairs and fabric fibers. Pocket lint is OK, too.
I daresay it's bad form to ask for contributions from your mates.

Pull a "dust-bunny" fluff ball out from under the bed. Throw a spark at that.
Fiber size is what matters with tinder. I use dead spruce twigs,
harvested from in near the tree trunk being driest.
I beat on them with a rock to pulverize the wood. That's the best fluffy stuff.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
depends whether your lint is cotton, wool or synthetic. only works if there is enough cotton content. Wool and hair doesn't burn and synthetic fibre just melts.

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Personally I keep my hygiene at a level where I don't have any belly button fluff :biggrin:

BEARDMASTER

Dec 4, 2017
Estonia
www.nahakamber.ee
ignited belly button fluff from a spark?
I' m guessing, it's too damp, and insufficient quatity.
But hope someone can say I'm wrong
Now this is a good example of why joining a forum is a good idea!
You just can't come up with every genius idea all by yourself.

The first testing with a lighter went well, although it smells like a burnt hair (as one would expect). I shall try this with a ferro rod, when I got the sufficient amount of material to work with.

Monikieman

Jun 17, 2013
Monikie, Angus
I get belly button fluff by the bag full!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I visit jute string factory and get the sweeping from the floor. green/pnk you name it. great fun with Cubs and Scouts if you place some pink stuff in your belly button, pul out and ignte:)

On the subject, I reject other peoples tumble dryer fluff. It has too much of other peoples DNA in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!:O_O:

BEARDMASTER

Dec 4, 2017
Estonia
www.nahakamber.ee
It's a crucial part of any sane man's survival strategy to keep a source of tinder in his belly button isn't it? Maybe you could pop it back in after a wash :dunno:

I can already see hundreds of videos on youtube. "Prepping 101, how to store bellybutton cotton for ****"
I think we are onto something new here in the world of woodsmanship!

BEARDMASTER

Dec 4, 2017
Estonia
www.nahakamber.ee
I have heard that facial hair makes a good fly fishing lure.
One might also do well in the cold to shave a beard and use it as a filling inside the gloves, maybe?

Then again, forest usually provides all the needed materials for fire, warmth, shelter, medicine etc. So it might be a good idea to have a look around before shaving various parts of your body.

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
I think we all have a belly gremlin and they like to make nest with are sock fluff, now I could be wrong but I doubt it, so maybe we should start a research group?

Reactions: Janne

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
To keep it dry, put it in a condom.

I used to collect lots, enough for a troop of Scouts, but after my last surgery, to remove my healthy appendix, my belly button is now very shallow.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE