1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6point blanket carry issue

Discussion in 'Carrying' started by mohawk, Aug 6, 2015.

1. mohawk

mohawk Member

Well after a long hunt and raiding the bank account o bought a Hudson Bay 6 point blanket. It's unbelieveably warm. But scratcher than I expected. I guess that's how frontier folk liked them.
    Issue I have is how do you carry it it is huge. I'd like to get some straps but they look small. How do you carry your about ?

2. The Ratcatcher

The Ratcatcher Full Member

Reply deleted, double post

#2 The Ratcatcher, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  3. The Ratcatcher

The Ratcatcher Full Member

I have to ask, why did you buy a six point HBC blanket? The usual size for a bedroll is 3 1/2 point, or for use alone, 4 point. As far as carrying your blanket is concerned, fold the blanket in three lengthwise, which will be about 30" wide, then roll it tightly with a length of 6mm rope with a loop on each end through the middle of the roll. Once you have tied the roll firmly with more rope or 1"cotton herringbone tape, you can attach a shoulder strap or tumpline to the protruding loops of rope in the centre of the roll. I have a bedroll consisting of two 3 1/2 point blankets and a 6' by 2' sheepskin rug in a canvas outer, which is 27" wide and 14" diameter when rolled, and this is the easiest way to carry it.

Alan

4. walkinghaggis

Where did you get it from? Been looking for a good wool blanket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk