60's jowika pocket knife for opinel/sak

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

zed4130

Forager
Aug 4, 2011
poole
I just picked up this old 60's-70's imertation MOP handled Jowika of northern ireland pocket knife, im after opinels, #3-up here is a pic, ive no clue of value,it all functions well , I also like SAK's and Gak's
Thanks
paul
P1010094-1.jpg

some info,
The full name of the firm was: Jowika Stahlwarenfabrik Eugen Weber & Altenbach KG.
It was founded in Solingen prior to 1928, under the name Johann & Wilhelm Kleinewefers GMBH, Messerfabrik. JWK for short, hence JoWiKa.
Sold to Eugen Weber in the 1930s. Weber was married to a woman named Altenbach, from a family that manufactured innovative low-priced pocketknives, as well as other cutlery items.
In 1960 Weber opened a branch factory in Listowel Ireland. It was sold to Albert M. Baer of Imperial Schrade in 1978; he kept on the German born manager. The Listowel factory was closed about a year and a half before the U.S. Schrade factory closed. Les deAsis of Benchmade bought some of its newer machinery (he said it cost more to ship than to buy).
The Jowika factory in Solingen closed in 1984.

Feb 13, 2011
East Midlands
I just picked up this old 60's-70's imertation MOP handled Jowika of northern ireland pocket knife, im after opinels, #3-up here is a pic, ive no clue of value,it all functions well , I also like SAK's and Gak's
Thanks
paul
P1010094-1.jpg

some info,
The full name of the firm was: Jowika Stahlwarenfabrik Eugen Weber & Altenbach KG.
It was founded in Solingen prior to 1928, under the name Johann & Wilhelm Kleinewefers GMBH, Messerfabrik. JWK for short, hence JoWiKa.
Sold to Eugen Weber in the 1930s. Weber was married to a woman named Altenbach, from a family that manufactured innovative low-priced pocketknives, as well as other cutlery items.
In 1960 Weber opened a branch factory in Listowel Ireland. It was sold to Albert M. Baer of Imperial Schrade in 1978; he kept on the German born manager. The Listowel factory was closed about a year and a half before the U.S. Schrade factory closed. Les deAsis of Benchmade bought some of its newer machinery (he said it cost more to ship than to buy).
The Jowika factory in Solingen closed in 1984.
I've a Opinel no.8 the oval ones in as new. Interested?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE