4 x Katana blades & Viking Re-enactment sword

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Got some larger blades up for grabs......................

First up - 4 Katana blades

**These blades are handmade by Ryumon so are legal to buy / sell - exempt from any restriction under the CJA 1988 1st & 2nd Amendment**

DSCN4174.jpg

DSCN4181.jpg

DSCN4175.jpg

- note - blades are oiled hence how they look in the pics.

Manufactured in China by Ryumon (processes similar to the Paul Chen practical range - NOT from the cheaper Masahiro range)
Hand forged
AISI 1065 steel
Overall Length - 900mm
Blade Length - 680mm

Were destined for a project I never got round to so they need to find a better home.

Good condition - some light rust spots but nothing a bit of buffing won't shift.

£45.00 each inc. std postage 2 SOLD - 2 LEFT

NOW OPEN TO OFFERS (NOT TRADES) - THESE NEED TO GO!

Viking Re-enactment Sword

DSCN4170.jpg

DSCN4172.jpg

DSCN4169.jpg

Genuine Re-enactment quality sword
EN45 Sprung steel blade
Leather bound scabbard and handle
Solid Brass fittings
Very good condition

£60.00 inc. std delivery

NOW OPEN TO OFFERS (NOT TRADES) - THIS NEEDS TO GO!

First to post in this threads gets it - please feel free to pm with any questions.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Two questions.

The katanas; tempered to take an edge, or just training swords?

The viking: reneactment as in "few back then would been able to tell the difference", "looks good on your hip" or as in "steel demo fighting blade (i.e. soft temper, no edge)"? What kind of tang is there in it?

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
I,ll take the Viking Re-enactment Sword if it will stand up to use ?
pm sent to :) Sorry having to pull out of the Sale

cheers Russ

Last edited:
Two questions.

The katanas; tempered to take an edge, or just training swords?

The viking: reneactment as in "few back then would been able to tell the difference", "looks good on your hip" or as in "steel demo fighting blade (i.e. soft temper, no edge)"? What kind of tang is there in it?

IIRC the katana blade manufacturer stated the blades had an edge of approx 65Rc with a spine of 45Rc so they will take an edge.

The Viking sword is a re-enactment quality sword with blunt edges - it came from the same place as these ones:
http://www.jelldragon.com/vik_swords.htm

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE