3rd DD hammock group buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sandbag47

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 12, 2007
northampton
hi all,
ok here it is the third DD group buy

rules.....
DON'T PM ME WITH YOUR ORDERS put them on this thread.

and the rest i will make up as i go alone.

ok this is this years deal that i have got from Nick at DD....

Below are the prices for all items. Everything listed below is in stock (and will definitely still be available in March, April), other than the Camping Hammocks which are currently out of stock. We expect to have the Camping Hammocks back in stock by early April - but there's a possiblity it might be slightly later. All prices include 1st class signed for postage within the UK and we'll include a free DD Hammocks t-shirt with all orders over £30.

Travel Hammocks;Up to 15 - £35 Between 15 and 25 - £34
Over 25 - £33

Tarps;Up to 15 - £26 Between 15 and 25 - £25
Over 25 - £24

Camping Hammocks; (currently out of stock - we expect to have them back in stock by early April but please note that it could be slightly later than this).
Up to 15 - £20
Over 15 - £19

DD Scout Hammocks - £12

DD Netted Hammocks - £7

DD Poncho - £13 DD Sleeper (silk sleeping bag liner);Up to 15 - £10
Over 15 - £9

10m of Strong Webbing - £720m of Light Webbing - £7

Underblankers - £65 (we can't offer any discount on these as they are already at the lowest price we can sell them for)

DD Packs (small rucksacks) available in March - if so I'll let you the details/ prices closer to the time.

these always seem to go well so aim at the lowest price.
also nick give extra savings for more than one order (savings in postage)

ok guys

sandbag47

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Thats it can't go without a Hammock and tarp anymore...
So can i please have and to start a list

Andy2121 -
1x Travel Hammock
1x Tarp

Jaysurfer -
1x Travel Hammock
1x Tarp
1x Netted Hammock

Thanks

Carbuncle

Forager
Jan 12, 2009
Merseyside
Can I add to that

Andy2121 -
1x Travel Hammock
1x Tarp

Jaysurfer -
1x Travel Hammock
1x Tarp
1x Netted Hammock

Carbuncle
1xCamping Hammock (will wait)
1xTarp
1x10m Strong Webbing

Thanks a lot,

Cloughie.

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
when i say i surpose,but i should think about the end of april or early may (hopefully) but order go in straight away if we go over 25 orders...the items arrive very quickly as they are packed and ready to go while the gb is going on. and i have good working relationship with nick ( as i have done 2 group buys already).he has even sent the items out before i have even paid him....you can always check the other DD group buys to see how it goes :)

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Dumb question time folks, what's the strong webbing for and do i need some ?:confused:

Also DD website states that orders over £50 get a free netted hammock, is this still included within the GB ?

sparkplug

Forager
Jan 24, 2008
East Anglia
Thanks for running this sandbag :)

A tarp for me please - no hurry!

Andy2121 -
1x Travel Hammock
1x Tarp

Jaysurfer -
1x Travel Hammock
1x Tarp
1x Netted Hammock

Carbuncle
1xTarp
1x10m Strong Webbing

Sparkplug
1xTarp

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
Also DD website states that orders over £50 get a free netted hammock, is this still included within the GB ?

sorry the answer is no...

ok if we reach 40 items we will have another £1 off the price

and as for the buying more than one item the reduction will be done on an individual level..because the weights are different between the items and the cost/saving is of cause are different aswell ...so i will let each of you know indivually..

ok guys :)

moab

Forager
Apr 26, 2007
UK
Hi Sandbag,please add
Moab
1 x Travel Hammock
Andy2121 -
1x Travel Hammock
1x Tarp

Jaysurfer -
1x Travel Hammock
1x Tarp
1x Netted Hammock

Carbuncle
1xTarp
1x10m Strong Webbing

Sparkplug
1xTarp

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
Andy2121 ..............................................................1x Travel Hammock,1x Tarp

Jaysurfer .........................................................1x Travel Hammock,1x Tarp,1x Netted Hammock

Carbuncle.......................................................1xCamping Hammock (will wait),1xTarp,1x10m Strong Webbing

Sparkplug..........................................................1xTarp

Moab...................................................................1 x Travel Hammock

harryhaller

Settler
Dec 3, 2008
Bruxelles, Belgium
Andy2121 ..............................................................1x Travel Hammock,1x Tarp

Jaysurfer .........................................................1x Travel Hammock,1x Tarp,1x Netted Hammock

Carbuncle.......................................................1xCamping Hammock (will wait),1xTarp,1x10m Strong Webbing

Moab...................................................................1 x Travel Hammock

harryhaller............................................................1 x Camping Hammock (will wait)

Claudiasboris

Life Member
Feb 8, 2009
Sheffield
Hi,

I'm interested in quite a bit of stuff from DD, but at the moment I'm a bit spent up. If this is still ongoing come pay day I'll put an order in. Otherwise I'll wait for the next lot.

Cheers,
Claudiasboris

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Andy2112 ..............................................................1x Travel Hammock,1x Tarp

harryhaller............................................................1 x Camping Hammock (will wait)

sorry the answer is no...

ok if we reach 40 items we will have another £1 off the price

and as for the buying more than one item the reduction will be done on an individual level..because the weights are different between the items and the cost/saving is of cause are different aswell ...so i will let each of you know indivually..

ok guys :)

Ok Sandbag, thanks for checking mate. I've got a mini Gelert hammock at home i will use as a gear hammock instead.

Andy

cub88

Tenderfoot
Apr 10, 2008
worksop
Hi sandbag i would like to put my self down for a tarp (im assuming they are the new 3x3 lightweight type) if that is ok. I may put my name down later on for a hammock but i will have to let you know.

cheers
cub

p.s if anyone is thinking of ordering then deffinatley go for it, grat kit and supplied by a top bloke

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Can someone give me a bit of a heads up in to the main differences between the two hammock types please??

Hav taken a butchers at the DD website and read the spec but would appreciate a more informed insight from a current owner of either or noth models.

Intention to purchase is tou use with my incoming coccoon for outdoorsy sleeping.

many thanks.

Carbuncle

Forager
Jan 12, 2009
Merseyside
Can someone give me a bit of a heads up in to the main differences between the two hammock types please??

Hav taken a butchers at the DD website and read the spec but would appreciate a more informed insight from a current owner of either or noth models.

I've only got the travel one, but I'll have a go. Both have a double bottom - so you can slide a pad of some description, though I've never bothered. Both are the same size I believe. The differences (as far as I am aware) are that:

The travel hammock has a built in mozzie net that you zip yourself under. You can turn it upside down though, so the net goes below you.
The travel hammock is 250g heavier
The bottom of the travel hammock is waterproof (PU coated?). Depending on how likely you think going to ground is, this could be an advantage or disadvantage - presumably the Camping is more breathable? I did sweat a touch in the travel hammock.
The travel hammock has velcro between the bottom layers to stop your pad moving, I don't think the camping hammock has these yet.
Both come with the same webbing for suspension, but the camping hammock still comes with the old stretchy one too, apparently.

I'd have thought, if you're getting a cocoon, it'd be nail on the camping hammock, since you won't need to keep a pad in place, and the net would be plain awkward, but that's just me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE