3 spoons

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

godfather

Nomad
Oct 28, 2003
Hertfordshire
So here are my first attempts at spoon making using my carvin' Jack and frosts clipper. I don't know what wood the first spoon is made of but the other 2 are hazel. They are finished with a few coats of Tung oil. Comments more than welcome.

Attachments

• DSC04434.jpg
    DSC04434.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 203

DoctorSpoon

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 24, 2007
Peak District
www.robin-wood.co.uk
hmmmm kind of like the idea - but I think carving spoons with a folding knife would be pretty uncomfortable on my hand after a while, particularly at the early stages when quite some force is needed. Also, for that price :eek: I could buy a couple of far more efficient tools!

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Nice spoons, first one looks like it could be Pine?. nice shape to em.

Simon.

godfather

Nomad
Oct 28, 2003
Hertfordshire
The price is rediculous.

I was given it by a friend who bought it in the US years ago. It is comfortable to use but not as comfortable as my Djarv spoon knife which I am having a real bad time sharpening it.

Thanks for all your comments.

blackwolf1

Dec 12, 2007
Auburn,Maine U.S.A.
Those spoons look good,my own first attempt last summer was of apple wood. I don't
recommend that for anyone.It came out o.k. though,the only tools used were a Frosts Clipper,my Martindale no.2,and Scorp for the bowl.I finished it with a mix of bee's wax and
mineral oil.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE