26,27 &28 July 2013, New Venue, between Otley and Ilkley in West Yorkshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
I am going to try to resurect this venue. It is a 5 acre wood with a standpipe in the wood. There is very little ground cover. There are some standing dead trees that will need felling. These would be logged up for use on the communal fire. Unlike the majority of scout sites this wood can be used all the year round. As usual there will be a few basic rules, which have yet to be decided. The fees will be £5 per night. Dead wood can be burnt on site for a limited period.
I would like someone with no ties to help me run this site, because as a few of you will know I have prostrate cancer and am a bit limited in what I can pysically do.

Is there any interest for such a site???

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
£5 a night could work, its a good spot for social hanging / bivvi, we would revisit for certain. If I'd no ties, I'd help. Maybe able to offer some untied assistance once my jeep is back on the road.
Good to see your still fighting :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
I would be interested in this and happy to help out/run when possible. :)

I live in East Yorkshire and dont drive but can easily jump on train or maybe coach to local area. I sent a PM yesterday about old thread but got no reply, could you drop me a pm if you have any more details or would like to discuss.

Last edited:

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
I'm happy to help as before, only free at weekends unfortunately but would happily join in work parties and such.

digitracker

Mar 29, 2012
Leeds
I am glad this has got going again. I am quite happy to pay and I will attend any workparties that are needed to get the place as you would like it.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Hi Ian.
I'm still interested as I said last time you raised this as a possible venue.
Given the distance and my business my help will have to be as I can manage it.I am certainly not without ties but can be useful if I can sneak time off work.
I will monitor the thread for news/dates etc.
Cheers, Simon

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Right, I know this is very short notice, but I am juggling between other local meets. The dates are as follows, 26,27 & 28th July

Rules
1,For a limited period you are allowed to burn the deadwood of the ground. No live trees to be cut down.
2.If you bring tins, bottles etc., YOU take it out. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
3.Small open fires will be permitted on the ground. SMALL being the operative word.
4.Noise carries at night, so please bear that in mind round the comunal fire.
5.Cars are to be parked in the car park provided,but please leave plenty of space round the building in the car park. This is a clubhouse.
5.Think of others when using sharp tools. Your safety is their safety.
There may be more rules as I think of them.

Basically it is common sense, do unto others as you would be done by.
Break any rules and you will not be welcome at the next meet. The only car that will be permitted across the field is mine, for obvious reasons.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE