24 Hour Challege - Survive with just a knife.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
See how I did in my 24 Hour Survival Challenge. We all scream at the TV saying we can do better than those people on a survival program.
How many of us have a go?

I did!

See what happened here:

[video=youtube;GTpOTPDenBY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTpOTPDenBY[/video]

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Bravo Leigh!, that was an awesome effort.
Dam near had heart attack just watching you with the hand-drill

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Thanks Leigh, vids like that make you think on the serious side of the hobby, like if our actual survival was dependant on it rather than going out for an escape from the city life with our bag full of enablers which is my usual bushcraft experience.

As a kid i had a bit of a leary youth and spent 2 days in the wild with nothing at all avoiding the consequences of my actions but all i done was go very hungry and be very bloody cold at night with no fire and even less skills suited to the task and the only thing i had for warmth was a half bottle of whiskey, i learnt a lot about myself on that adventure too :lmao:mostly about how i needed to stop being such an idiot, we live and learn.

fergsuk

Forager
Dec 21, 2013
Leeds
Enjoyed the vid. Understand the emotions when you finally got the fire going. I shared the video on my youtube channel :)

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Admit it Leigh, when that camera stopped rolling when you said you went to sleep, bear picked you up and took you to the hotel for the night, make up did a good job on you I the morning!

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Well done again Leigh. Understandably emotional when you got the fire as your hands (expert as I've seen at the hand drill IMHO) were so cut up and the bowdrill was being a little piggy. Plenty of cattails to eat there :).
More than I reckon I can do at the mo ;)

Something I've just understood....you don't need shed loads to survive just to make you happy. (Thanks Frontier Bushcraft goodjob)

Last edited:
May 3, 2015
isle pf Anglesey
Really ..REALLY good video there Leigh watched it on a morning of a miserable rainy day in hilly Anglesey haha , really is making me want to get out and try the challenge, I haven't yet made my first fire using the bowdrill or handrill but when I do I will post on here and tell everyone if I was successful.
Thanks for the video
Tom

Rabid

Nomad
Dec 15, 2014
Sleaford Lincolnshire
First 24hrs are the hardest as you are doing all the building fire making etc in second 24 only titivation (sp) would be required of shelter so therefore more time can be spent hunting foraging etc.
All in all a good video well done.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE