222 REM 600 Mohawk Stutzen Restoration & Customisation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Had this rifle since c1986 so thought it about time to show it some interest if not love. The spec' is as follows:

a. Remington 600 Mohawk stutzen in 222
b. Stock colour and patten c/o feather & ink
c. Bolt knob modification after counter bore and tapping involves seating a ss hex screw from a cycle break shoe then filled with dyed green epoxy. Underside of flat bolt knob is hand cut checkering with file for added grip.
d. One-piece scope mount and projectionless 26mm rings by Conetrol, Texas, USA.
e. 6X42 fixed power scope by Swarovski Optik.
f. 1" custom sling by K.
g. Home loaded ammo comprising 50g ballistic tip, small rifle magnum primers and Hodgdon powder.

Hope this is of interest to a few members.

K%20Stutzen%20222%20REM%20Mohawk_zpsf2ync0vf.jpg

K%20Stutzen%20222%20REM%20Mohawk%202_zpsdgnlh9aw.jpg

Cheers

K

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
If you know the dog-leg Rem 600 bolt knob you'll be aware it is only half the depth of that to be found on a Model 700. My mod' simply provides more to grab hold of when cycling (no pun intended) the action in a hurry.

I may yet treat it to an aftermarket steel floorplate as the standard unit is made of nylon!

K

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Experiment concluded. Rifle only likes 40/45grn bullets. I may try 25grn's of H322 now I have a good supply of 40grn V-Max and powder as no signs of excessive pressure at 24.

Four shots touching at 100 yards is not bad for an 18" barrel in a full stock rifle. I had the target signed as proof:
attachment.php

K

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE