2013 Defender

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
I might know someone who has just bought one, need to double check the exact model. What do you need to know about it ?

Also my son is a prototype mechanic at the Ford Eurpean dev centre, so may also be able to find out things about the engine

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
If your questions are anything to do with dual mass flywheels and replacement costs, just get a solid flywheel fitted or avoid completely. They're very expensive when they start shedding bits of metal into your clutch etc.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I have two issues:
Clutch is like no other clutch I have experienced, feels different avery time I use it. Smooth one time, 10 seconds later it grabs. Plus sounds clunky.

Issue no 2: when I press down the clutch and remove my foot from the accelerator, the engine rpm’s do not drop, but stay almost the same as just before I removed my foot.
Like a time delay.

I bought the vehicle with zero mileage about 6 moths ago, UN overstock, stored in UK. Has now about 400 miles on it.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Some our work Landys had an anti stall system to keep the revs up. That keeps the revs up until the clutch is lifted and the throttle blipped, then it should drop to about 850rpm. Anti stall is annoying, but DMF is more so.

With only 400 miles on it dual mass flywheel shouldn't be a problem, they tend to go at 50,000 to 80,000 before self destructing.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Is there a way to remove the anti stalling programming easily?

I actually like the anti-stall, especially when crawling over really rough terrain.
The transmission take up is a bit clunky on all the post 2007 Defenders I've driven to be honest. If the clutch feels different at different times the first thing I would check is that the slave cylinder has been properly bled - garage mechanics never seem to get this right but it's an easy job.

Reactions: sunndog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE